Chapter 15

Around an hour ago I had taken another dose of cocaine. Lying on what my brother called the 'client couch', a blinding flash of auburn made me blink haphazardly, bringing me out of my mind palace. Fawkes, the Hogwarts Phoenix, was perched on John's chair.

"What do you want?" I asked him, able to understand him thanks to my second Animagus being an ice Phoenix.

"Tom's back. The Order needs your help." He said before flying to grab my wand then grabbing my shoulder before flaming to the kitchen of the Order's headquarters. 

I stumbled upon landing, my index and middle fingers flying up to my temple to help stabilize myself as Fawkes once again flamed away, back to Hogwarts, dropping my wand onto the kitchen table in the process. I hissed, almost cat-like, as the light shone in my eyes. Being in 221 Baker street with the curtains drawn and my eyes closed most of the time tended to do that to you.

"Where the hell did you take me? Stupid bird." I muttered under my breath, grabbing my wand in the process. I was about to apparate back to Baker Street when I finally caught a glimpse at the occupants in the room.

"You really do need my help, don't you. Especially you, Remus. I see time has changed you, for the better or worse, I'm still trying to figure out." I then turned around to see Harry sitting next to Ronald Weasley.

He looked so much like Sherlock but the child had John's heart.

"You shouldn't be so angry." I eventually said. "Of course, Dumbledore shouldn't have been such a prat... and your friends should have sent you more letters in more detail but... You really shouldn't blame them. Now, why am I here?..." I trailed off, my eyes widening slightly as I realised where I was... Whose house I was in. 

"He's alive?" I rasped, looking around wildly. "Why did no one tell me he had escaped?!"

"Elisabeth?" I heard an all too familiar voice whisper from the doorway. Instantly I had tackled him, kissing him on the lips just to make sure he truly was there.

"Is-is that alcohol?" He whispered against my lips as we pulled apart.

"Yes well, with my brother and sister-in-law dead, me being shot shortly after and James dying, oh, and you being sent to Azkaban, I figured I had nothing left to live for. Don't get me wrong, while there was still Harry, it would be better that he was sent with Petunia over me. And I was correct, look at how he turned out. A young man and all, they would be proud."

"...Elisabeth... Are you sure you're okay? Why mention James twice?" Sirius asked, quite concerned.

"I'm perfectly fine."

"You never told him about James, Eurus," John said from next to me.

"Oh! Well, you might want to sit down... You see, I was going to tell you as a surprise on Hallows eve but, before I could you had bolted out the door... You see, I was going to walk down to my brother's house when this drunky was arguing with two police officers. They tried to advance on him but he panicked and shot his gun. The bullet hit me in the stomach and... an hour later... James Mycroft Black died."

Sirius' eyes widened drastically. He was silent for a moment. I could practically see the gears turning in his head before he reacted, swooping his arms around me like that of a brown bear, holding me tightly. If it weren't for the drugs in my system, I would have been in tears, finally holding my husband again after 14 years.