Chapter 4

Elisabeth woke with a gasp, detangling herself from yet another one of her hellish memories from her previous life. As she grew older, the memories came more frequently. She knew the important things from her old life, she had always known them but as the years passed, memories, both the good and the bad, came back to her.

"Are you alright? Does anything hurt?" A soft voice, coming from the woman kneeling in front of her, asked.

Elisabeth looked around the room, after deeming the woman not to be a threat, before finally glancing back at the woman who resembled the young boy she had knocked into at Diagon Alley.

"Your cookies are burning," Elisabeth said simply. Almost comically, the woman's eyes widened before she rushed out of the living room and to the kitchen where she opened the oven, pulling the tray of chocolate chip cookies out, which were, in fact, more on the brown side then the golden. Elisabeth Potter stood up calmly and collectively, making her way to the fireplace in the living room which had a small bowl of green powder on top of the mantlepiece. After quickly thanking the Lupin family, Elisabeth took a pinch of floo powder and stepped into the unlit fireplace.

"Potter Manor." She muttered. With those words, she threw the powder at her feet and in a plume of green fire and smoke, she was whisked away to where she lived. As soon as she landed, she brushed herself off and stepped out of the fireplace, only to be greeted by the worried yet relieved faces of her mother and brother.

"James, go tell your father that we found her," Euphemia instructed before turning back to her daughter. "And where have you been, young lady? Do you know how worried your father and I have been?"

"I was at Lupin cottage."

"Lupin cottage? What in the name of Merlin were you doing there?" Euphemia demanded.

"Well, when you're knocked unconscious by their son, come and tell me why they took you to their house to fix you up." Elisabeth drawled sarcastically.

"Knocked unconscious?"

"That tends to happen when you hit your temple on the edge of the door." In an instant, Euphemia was at her daughter's side, inspecting every inch of her, looking for a non-existent injury.