Chapter 7

I knew James was confused by my boggart and wanted to ask me about it but I didn't care. I excused myself from the classroom, claiming that I was ill, and made my way to the astronomy tower. I swung my legs over the railing, lodging my hand into a crevice in the stone above and managed to haul myself above the railing over the astronomy tower and to the roof. There, I sat, thinking about my past life when I heard footsteps from below.

"Where is she? It says she's right here!" I heard the panicked voice of my twin say. "Y-you don't think sh-she-"

"C'mon Prongs, do you really think your sister would jump?"

"N-no b-but then where is she?!"

"Look, mate, she probably just wants to be alone-" I took that as my cue to jump down, landing perfectly on my feet. Although I did want to be alone, John had pestered me enough about not having any friends so I decided to do something about it.

"Eurus!" He exclaimed, running over and embracing me tightly. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Remus tap his wand to a piece of parchment, muttering something along the lines of 'mischief managed' before quickly stuffing it in his pocket.

"Can I help you?" I drawled sarcastically.

"Are you okay?" He asked, pulling away, referring to my boggart.

"Mhmm. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep. It just brought back some...not so nice memories." I said honestly.

"Memories?"

"Sometimes I feel like I was in a...different life," I said vaguely, making Sherlock snort. I turned my head slightly to glare at him.

"Way to be cryptic, you gave them the answer!"

"Oh, shut up you big drama queen."

"I am not a drama queen!" He exclaimed placing his hand over his heart, his mouth open in mock horror making me roll my eyes.

"E-Eurus? W-who are you talking to?"

"Hm? Oh, he's a friend."

"Th-there's no one there, Eurus."

"I know," I replied.

"C-can you see dead people?" Sirius asked hesitantly.

"Yes," I replied.

"Y-you can?!"

"Why are you so surprised? I mean, everyone can see dead people, just go into a cemetery and dig up a grave."

"No... I mean like... the souls of them?"

"No."

"Then who were you talking to?"

"Myself...Well, more like people my mind created but basically myself."