Late Nights

The walk was pretty quiet, but not an awkward quiet, a calming one. I was about to say something until he interrupted me "do you want to get something to eat real quick? I'm pretty hungry" "Yea I'm pretty hungry too" We stop by at a shop with dumplings. "Mmm I love dumplings." I said while choosing the one I wanted. He smirked and order his dumpling along with mine. We walked out of the shop back on to the road. "I'll pay you next time" I said while taking a bite of out my dumpling. "Why?" "Because you payed for mine" I said covering my mouth. "Oh it's nothing, you don't have too" he said. "Well I want to" we both laughed and kept walking down the road. "So do you play volleyball?" He took a bite of his dumpling. "No not really, my sister plays and I've been to her games but I've never actually tried playing" Kageyama huffed. "Well..You could come over my place and I'll teach you how to play" I wasn't sure if it was an excuse to get to go to his house or was just being friendly. "Yea I would like that" I smiled. He changed the topic and we started talking about our family and why I moved to Japan. "So you're new around right?" He finished his dumpling. "Yea, I moved here cause my parents got divorced and my mom wanted a fresh new start I guess you could say" I looked at my feet while walking. "Oh I'm sorry about your parents" he didn't seem like a bad person, I was actually starting to like being around him. "Oh no it's not a big deal, my dad wasn't around much while I was growing up so nothing has really changed" I tilted my head upward to look at the sky." "I've never really seen my dad either, he isn't home a lot of the times, it's usually just me and my mom" he seemed pretty disappointed. I looked over to him to see him staring at the floor. "Tell me about your mom, what is she like?" I asked. "She's probably one of the most caring woman I know. She's always been there for me when ever I needed something, she really likes making tea and cookies and stuff so most of the time I'm eating cookies at 3am" we laughed as I said I did the same. "Well this is my house" we stopped and stood infront of my porch. "Oh wow you live really close to me, I live across the street" he shrugged. "We should walk to school some time then" he looked at me weird and the said "yea..yea I'd like that." We stared at each other for a while until I started laughing. "What's so funny?" He laughed "I don't know I just can't keep a straight face while looking at someone for so long" we both laughed and looked at my mom coming outside the door. "Ohhh a boy?" She was obviously assuming something. "Oh this is Kageyama, he's my friend" Kageyama nodded and waved "hi miss" he said. "Hi Kageyama! Don't call me miss call me violet" my mom has always wanted my friends to be her friends too. "Alright I'll leave you too to talk for a little" she said while she walked back inside the house. " I should probably get going now, I don't want my mom worrying about me" he smiled "alright , I'll see you at school tomorrow " he nodded and started walking back. He stopped mid way and turn back around "Hey y/n?" He tilted his head and blinked. "Yea?" "If you ever need anything, or need to talk to someone..I'm always here" I could tell he was blushing but he was trying to hide it. "Thanks" I blushed "same to you" he walked away and I went back into my house.

A/n
If you guys have any requests to add on my story or to change it up let me know please :) I hope you enjoyed this chapter!