three

note: luke's so cute. that is all.

Mia

I wake up alone in Luke's bed, alone.

I flail around while stretching, and hear the shower on in the bathroom next to me. Luke must be showering.

I decide to stay in Luke's bed, it is so warm and I just can't bring myself to get up. The sun is shining through his blinds and warming the covers. I doze off a few times, but am awoken by the bathroom door opening, and Luke coming into his room with a towel wrapped around his waist.

Seeing this makes my face get hot, I shouldn't be seeing him like this. I close my eyes, like any decent person, and pretend to be asleep.

I feel the bed next to me sink, and Luke's knuckles graze by bare arm.

"So beautiful," he murmurs.

I take this as an excuse to 'wake up,' and open my eyes, blinking a few times and looking at Luke.

"You're awake," Luke says with a sleepy voice, "I hope you got some rest."

I nod at him and sit up, stretching my arms over my head. I rake my fingers through my shoulder-length dark brown hair. It is normally unruly and tangled in the morning, but easily lets my fingers pass through it.

"I guess I should get dressed now," Luke says while biting his lip, the small, black ring glistening against his white teeth.

I take this as a 'get out,' and kick the covers off of my body, exposing my body to the cool air.

"I didn't mean you have to leave, sweetheart," Luke says as I stand up, facing away from the bed. My shirt is bunched you around my waist, and I pull it down over my hips to cover myself.

"That's alright, I need to get dressed too anyways," I turn around and Luke's lip is still between his teeth, his cheeks slightly pink.

I head to my room and get dressed for the day, sporting black nike shorts and a bleach tie-dyed vans shirt. I slip on some socks with pastel yellow stripes and put on small gold hoops.

For my makeup, I never do a lot because I am lazy, so I just put on some mascara and brush through my eyebrows. I keep my hair down, and brush through it a few times before heading downstairs to get breakfast.

When I arrive in the kitchen, Liz and Luke are sitting at the bar, and there's a third plate between them with two muffins on it.

"Thank you guys," I say, sliding in my seat and grabbing a muffin.

"Of course!" Liz responds, "Okay, I need you two to run some errands for me today."

Luke groans, "Mom, I wanted to have the guys over to hang with me and Mia."

Liz scoffs, and types on her phone, "Well, I just sent you two a text of what needs to be done. Maybe the guys will help."

I check my phone, and see a text in a new group chat 'Fam Jam' with an emoji sticking its tongue out. I look up at Liz and she smiles at me, "I didn't want you to be left out. "

My heart swells, and I smile back at her, sending a thank you with my eyes. She places her plate in the dishwasher and leaves the kitchen.

Luke is still pouting in his seat, and I turn to him, "Hey, let's have fun doing this stuff and then have the guys over to swim tonight," Luke rolls his eyes playfully at me before getting his phone out, "I'll tell them to be here at six."

"If you're ready to go, so am I," I tell Luke as I finish my muffins. Luke nods in agreement and puts both of our plates in the dishwasher. He twirls his keys on his finger and walks past me out the front door.