eighteen

hello there!! i hope everyone's doing well :) ik I haven't updated in a while oop... I just couldn't think of how to write what I wanted to happen. This chapter was super long, but i'm splitting Luke's bday chapter into two:)) We got to #1 in 5sos!! which was pretty cool so thank you for reading and commenting and voting!!! it makes me so happy to see all of your funny comments.

luke

"Luke, what are you-"

I kiss Mia on the cheek before gently pulling on her arms in order to help her sit up. She groans, but leans against my headboard and begins rubbing her eyes.

"What time is it?" she asks softly after opening her eyes.

"It's early, I want to take you somewhere," I say as I push hair from her face, "please, for my birthday?"

She squints at me, still half-asleep, but nonetheless, nods in agreement.

I stand up and hold out my hand, which she takes in hers.

"Come on, pretty girl."

.....

As I pull into the empty parking lot, I look down at my lap, where Mia's head lies. About two minutes after getting her in the truck, she unbuckled and leaned over, laying her head in my lap and going back to sleep.

After parking, I place my hand on Mia's cheek, gently rubbing it with my fingers. Mia squirms slightly, and I smile.

I brought her to the same parking lot that we shared our first kiss in. It's a special place to me, and there's no place i'd rather be on my birthday.

As I see the clock nearing 5 am, I decide it's time to nudge Mia awake.

She proves difficult to stir, deciding to curl into my body instead of sitting up as I gently shake her.

Finally, she sits up, and climbs into my lap. Her knees rest on either side of me, and she wraps her arms around my neck and presses her face into the crook of my neck.

"Are you awake now?" I tease, spreading my hands over her back and rubbing the skin softly.

She takes a deep breath and releases it with a groan, "I wish we were in your bed."

I just smile and hold her, knowing she would eventually wake up and be sweet again.

As the sun peeks through the horizon and light glows through the windshield, Mia pulls back from me, then turns her body sideways so that her legs lay in the seat beside me.

She leans into my chest and watches the sun rise with me, and the world feels still.

.....

The sun now shines bright as the hour nears six.

As she lays under me in the seat of my truck, Mia glows under the sun.

As I leave sweet kisses on her lips, she giggles, and it's like the light is coming from her.

"Luke," Mia says as she presses me back by my shoulders, "the sunrise was really beautiful."

"Mia," I say in a mirrored fashion, "you look really beautiful right now."

She scrunches her nose up and pulls me into another kiss.

"Hey!" Mia exclaims and pulls me back again, "it's your birthday!"

I chuckle at her enthusiasm as I'm pulled into another kiss.

"That's why we're here, pretty," I tell her.