eleven

luke is ceo of cute

                                   luke

We get home after midnight, Mia barely able to walk with how tired she is. I hold her hands firmly as she stumbles up the front steps, but end up carrying her to her room.

I set her down on her bed and pull the blankets over her body as she lets out a whimper, her eyes shooting open, "what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" I ask as I stroke the hair from around her face, "you're so sleepy, baby."

She curls into my arm, holding my hand as it cups her cheek. Her soft skin is cold against my warm hand.

"I thought we were gonna sleep in your bed," she says softly, and I chuckle, saying, "you never said that, but I can lay in your bed with you."

She scrunches her nose and shakes her head, "your bed is better, my bed is so cold, pleaseee."

Her words are quiet and weak, showing just how tired she is. It would be so much easier to just stay in her bed, but deciding not to fight about it, I gently pick her up and take her to my bed.

When I lay us both down, she immediately curls into my side, her leg thrown over my torso and hands wrapped around my waist.

She's warm and smells like vanilla, and she's still wearing my hoodie. Her curved frame looks so good in it, although she looks good in everything she puts on.

I lay my head into hers and close my eyes, falling asleep quickly.

•••••

"Luke.... Luke... Luke..."

My eyes open and I see Mia's face, her body straddling mine and hands planted on either side of my face.

I smile up at her, her cheeks still rosy from sleep and her hair in an unbrushed mess. She still looks perfect.

"Luke!" she exclaims, a smile wide across her face. I smile back as best I can, still trying to adjust to the light streaming in from the windows, "what time is it?"

Mia shrugs her shoulders and leans over to my nightstand to check her phone. Her lower half rubs hard against mine and I wince, not expecting the close contact and thanking myself for not sleeping in underwear.

"It's almost noon," she says, leaning back over, "and I'm super hungry. I've been awake for a little while and I was gonna let you wake up on your own, but you took so long..."

She is interrupted by my door opening, and she immediately rolls off my body and lays beside me in the bed.

"Luke," my moms voice calls out, "i'm not going to come in because I don't want a repeat of that one time..." my eyes grow wide and Mia lets out a snort, "But anyways—wait, who's in there?"

She opens the door all the way and is met with Mia and I, sitting up looking back at her, both our faces red. She has a confused smile on her face, "I was gonna ask why Luke was still in bed, but I guess I should be asking why you're in Luke's bed, Mia."

My mom doesn't look mad, but she looks confused and very suspicious, so I try to make up an excuse to tell her, when Mia steps in.

"Oh, I was wondering the same thing, so I came to wake him up myself," Mia lies.

My mom squints her eyes, still suspicious, "okaaaay... Luke I'm glad you stopped sleeping naked."

She leaves without closing the door and I throw myself back down on the bed, rolling over to look at Mia. She lays down, too, and faces me, smiling.