fourteen

luke's room inspo😎                              

                                 mia

Sitting on the side of the pool watching other people swim is really, really boring.

It wasn't that bad for the first thirty minutes or so, but the sun is blazing, making my clothing and skin hot as well.

So that no one sees the multiple hickeys on my neck and chest, I put a tank top with a high neck on, which covered almost everything. The only hickey not covered was very small, and I covered it with concealer.

Luke, however, wore his with pride. He didn't tell the boys who gave them to him, but from the cheeky looks thrown my way, I think they know.

I didn't realize just how many hickeys I had given Luke, but every time I saw his purple and red neck, my heart flutters and my face gets hot.

The girl Ashton brought to swim is super sweet, but just kind of... quirky? Not in the negative way, she's just unique. Her name is Anna, and she was very eager to get to know me and everything about me as soon as I came outside.

Now, as I sit with my feet in the water, she talks my ear off, not noticing that I am not focused on her, but rather staring at Luke's toned body in the water.

The occasional "oh," and "really" keeps the conversation flowing, but I just wish I could pull Luke out of the water and do everything we did this morning again.

Luke catches my eye every now and then, and usually sends me a casual wink before returning to whatever game or conversation he's in at that moment.

As everyone but me swims for a few hours, I find myself being a sort of hostess. Fetching drinks, towels, sunscreen, pretty much any excuse on my part to get some cool air from indoors.

Luke, being himself, gets hungry and bored of swimming in just an hour or two, and by almost the third hour of begging Calum to order pizza, Calum obliges and everyone gets out to dry off.

After Luke is dry, and sets a towel in his lap for extra precaution, I situate myself between his legs, his arms around my waist.

"You guys are too cute," Anna says in a sing-songey voice, clasping her hands together.

I sit up, but Luke keeps me in place and pulls me deeper into his hold, telling me in a whisper,"it's not a big deal."

"We aren't..." I trail off, using my hands to try and signal something that would make sense, "you know..."

Calum snorts and sits down in the chair beside us, "They are. They just don't want to say anything."

Luke chuckles and squeezes me a little tighter, but doesn't respond.

I glare at Calum, but can't help smiling as he shoots me a cheeky grin while winking and tapping a finger on his neck, hinting at Luke's.

Ashton sits beside Anna in the pool chair and places an arm around her shoulder, "Mia, we got a meat lovers pizza just for you."

I raise an eyebrow in confusion

"What? Cal and I figured now you wouldn't have to try and eat Luke's neck."

My mouth hangs open as all three boys crack up, Luke's laughs sending my body practically bouncing.

Anna stifles a laugh with her hand, but I don't blame them. That was really funny. Still quite embarrassing, though.