six

do you guys like having luke's pov too? or is it confusing:-0 let me know!!

mia

I wake up suddenly to the loudest thunder I've ever heard. I sit up in my bed and look around me, not sure what to do.

I hate storms.

I see a bright flash of lightning and anticipate the thunder that is soon to follow. I clasp my hands over my ears, shut my eyes, and count from one up, something Luke taught me when we were younger.

I feel the thunder shake the house and sigh, knowing my sleep for the night is over.

I check my phone and it's only 2:30 a.m., so that makes it even better.

I try to lay back in my bed and fall asleep, squeezing my eyes shut and wrapping my arms around myself in order to soothe myself, but the intense thunder shakes me awake every time I drift off.

I sit up once again and throw my feet over the side of the bed. Not thinking about how we haven't really been speaking all week, I quietly make my way into Luke's room.

When I open his door, all the lights are off and I can hear him breathing softly.

I pull back the covers on his bed and climb in, snuggling myself into Luke. He's lying on his right side and I lay on my back, curling into him. I gently move the pillow he's cuddling and put his arm around me, laying over my body onto the bed.

His soft breathing is so soothing, and his body is so warm. Still asleep, he pulls me closer to him and his hand makes its way under my ridden-up shirt, his warm palm curled around my side.

I close my eyes and begin to drift off when the brightest flash of lightning, followed by the most intense, house-shaking clap of thunder startles me back into consciousness.

I feel a lump form in my chest and hot tears stream down my face. I sniffle, and Luke stirs, his hands moving first as they tighten around my figure.

"Mia?" Luke whispers with confusion and concern in his voice.

I try to calm my breathing as he groans softly, waking up more and sitting us both up. Luke sits against the headboard and pulls me into his chest and rubs my back.

"I got scared," I say, just now realizing he's shirtless. My cheek is pressed into his soft golden chest hairs, which sounds weird, but the warmth of his skin made me feel so safe. 

"I know baby"

I feel my stomach full with static at Luke calling me baby.

Luke pulls me away from his chest by my shoulders, then wipes the tears off my cheeks.

"you're too pretty to cry" he says

Before I can respond, lightning flashes outside and I practically jump into Luke's arms. My legs make their way around his torso and I'm sat straddling his lap.

The thunder hits, but is softer than before and I can tell the storm is moving away from us. I jump when it hits, and Luke rubs my lower back with one hand, using the other to hold me to him.

As I relax under his touch, I sit back and become very aware of the fact that both of us are just in our underwear.

Luke rests his hands on my things and rubs small circles on them with his thumbs.

I lay against his chest and try to calm down. I have always been terrified of storms, and usually would just hold my cats or get in bed with my parents.