~7~

The smell of freshly made coffee rises to Felix's nose, captivating him in the wonderful scent. Although barely awake, the smell is making Felix want to roll out of bed and crawl towards the liquid that will wipe away a lot of the sleepiness he is feeling right now.

Felix is so engorged with the smell, he hasn't noticed that all the pain, all the dizziness, and confusion is gone. His body is back to normal and feels wonderful, but having just woken up he isn't really thinking about it. 

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty!" The unnamed man sounds, "I want to get you back home before the King sends a search party."

Felix can tell he is joking, but he also has a point. The prince was gone all night and that is bound to raise concern, but if he can get back and explain himself then maybe he will only get a slap on the wrist for running away. Still, a part of Felix is wanting to stay and not go home, afraid that he'll have another encounter like the one last night and his body will go back into hurting itself. He is almost completely alone out here and there is no chance of running into someone that could spark that again. But Felix knows that can't happen. Staying here will only make things worse for him and the man living by the enchanted lake. 

Managing to sit up, Felix slides his legs out of bed, bringing them to hang over the edge. He still needs a moment to wake himself up before standing, his head spinning from just sitting up. The man is nice enough to hand him a cup of coffee, Felix thanking him before blowing on the hot liquid, trying to make it cool enough to take a sip. 

Despite the tiredness, his body does feel like it has fixed itself, every toxin seeped out to make his pain no more. He knows he will have to take careful steps around the castle when he returns, at least until the boys who have dropped in for an uninvited visit have left.

Felix knows his father is working on it, and the boys should hopefully be gone soon. However, there is a part of him that thinks his father might be dragging out their stay. He knows how fascinated people are by the other side, but Felix couldn't care less. There is a reason why they are separate and apart from the occasional slip up from people, they should stay that way. 

It could be that the prince is so freaked out by his first experience of people coming to their side that he fears to have more. The realization of how connected they are is something that Felix didn't need to find out. The elements wouldn't put the aura of the soulmate on someone that far out of reach, but they did and Felix fears that maybe the worlds were never meant to be separated. 

Years ago if this would have been figured out, a time that Felix hadn't had a life and wasn't already adjusted than he wouldn't be as nervous as he is now. If his father were to hear about this or figure it out on his own. There is a chance he'd try to bring them together, twisting Felix's life more than it has in just a few days. 

"I have bacon and eggs for you before you hit the road," the man tells him, dishing some of the deliciously smelling food onto a plate, "not that I'm trying to hurry you out, but the sooner you're gone, the better it will probably be for everyone."

He hands Felix the plate and a fork the prince setting the cup of coffee to the side so he can fill his empty, aching stomach. It is still a bit hot, but Felix doesn't mind, stuffing it in his mouth. He didn't get to eat at dinner, running away before the meal was able to be dug into. 

"This is a lot more than I expected," Felix mumbles.

"What do you mean?" The man asks.

"All the stories about you," Felix pauses to swallow, "they made it seem like you were the bad guy, never wanting people to come to your land. But here you are, saving me, giving me a place to sleep and a meal. You're basically the opposite of everything people say."