~8~

"I'm sorry but did you say matchmaker back there?" Chan asks, once the Princess as lead them outside onto a large patio.

Changbin knows he didn't hear incorrectly, but at the same time, he must have. What she said doesn't make any sense, and sounds crazy, why would she be trying to be a matchmaker with any of them and her brother? 

The Princess doesn't answer right away, looking back and forth before stepping down the stairs, the boys forced to follow her if they want any of their questions answered. She turns heading towards some large hedges, before wrapping around them. Finally, she stops in a small grassy area behind the hedges, smiling at the boys before sitting in the grass.

"Sit," she says, gently patting the grass in front of her. 

The boys glance around at each other before taking a seat in a circle. The young princess smiles at them, she enjoys the awkwardness they carry, simply because they are in front of her. Of course, she would never intentionally be mean to them, that isn't who she is, even if she threatens Felix with fruitless things. 

"Wow, this is so exciting!" The Princess gleams, her smiling growing wider, " I never thought Felix would find love, but here we are!"

Again, Changbin is unsure if she is being serious, or this is a massive prank. They all barely know the family, and the brief second, they saw the Prince didn't make any sparks fly. At least none that Changbin noticed. 

"You keep saying that, and I'm not sure what you mean," Chan says, shifting uncomfortably, "we don't know your brother, we don't even know your name,"

"Olivia," the Princess chimes in with a sparkle in her eye.

"Great," Chan mumbles before continuing on, "so, I don't know what you think you know, but there is nothing going on between any of us and your brother, okay?"

"No, I suppose there isn't," Olivia says, Chan feeling a split second of relief, "not yet anyway."

It is as though she is on another planet, and they have to communicate using the most useless of technology. Changbin can tell they are speaking the same language, but it is as though words from audio recordings are being cut out and she can't understand the actual meaning of what they are trying to tell her. 

Olivia can see the confusion in their eyes and it is actually a little amusing to her. She is choosing to be difficult on purpose, run them through a little before getting to what is actually going on. Her goal was to lighten the mood a bit, before moving to a more sensitive topic, but she can see how the boys just aren't getting it.

"Maybe I should have let you read the book before talking with you," she says softly, holding the thin book in her hand. Its contents felt as though it needed separate pages, containing a great, former, secret about royalty here. She always thought that the other half would have to come from Magnolia, but it seems for her brother's case, it decided otherwise. 

"Look, I know you are all going through a very confusing time right now, so when I tell you this, I need you to handle it with care," Olivia tells them, "this is not only confusing for you but for my brother as well, and I would really appreciate some sensitivity." 

Changbin can see how her whole demeanor changed from playful to protective in seconds. She cares deeply for her brother, and wants them to as well, at least for this moment. Everything about this place makes no sense, but he is learning to just go with is and accept that they are in a real place, with very different aspects of life.

"Magnolia is special, it was given a gift when it was birthed," Olivia speaks, "we possess the elements of the world, much like you guys do but in a very different way. We don't use our magic often, only when it is seen as vital, but that wasn't the only thing given to us."