chapter 4

Day 2

Yujin thought it was easy. She really did. Saving a girl from committing suicide was surely not that hard. Afterall she did manage to convince Yena into doing stupid things with her all the time. She got this.

Okay, she takes it back. She did not get this. In all her years of living and thirteen of it being a bisexual, it was the first time Yujin ever felt nervous about meeting a girl. Waiting for her, to be exact. She had once more woken up without the nightmares and Yujin felt fairly good. She had skipped work, feeling that she should prioritise whatever she was going to do at the moment and partly because she was lazy too, but Yujin doesn't admit that. Never mind the paycut.

So there she was, sitting on the same seat by the window, shaking with nerves upon meeting a girl who didn't even know she existed. Yujin doesn't know how she was simply going to approach Wonyoung and talk her out of her suicide without making herself look like a weirdo but she was going to do it anyway. Hitomi sensed her nerves and approached her with her cheesecake.

"So, what's the plan?"

"I'm going to see Wonyoung."

"I'm guessing this loop has something to do with Wonyoung, right?"

"Yeah, I'm going to talk her out of her suicide."

Hitomi frowned." You what?''

"Wonyoung sort of, might have killed herself," Yujin started slowly. "But that was the single most impactful thing that happened the day before yesterday. Or yesterday. Whatever. And I think my job is to save her."

"You seem more nervous than you should be."

"I'm meeting a person who just died the day before. Give me a better reason."

"Fair enough. It's not going to be easy, though. Talking someone out of their suicide."

"Yeah, well-" Yujin squinted her eyes. "Wait, how'd you remember what we talked about yesterday? Aren't you supposed to forget or something?"

Hitomi grinned sheepishly. "I have my ways."

"Unnie, I swear to god, you're so creepy-"

Before Yujin could complete her sentence, the bell at the entrance chimed, indicating the arrival of a new customer. She recognised the new comer right away.

"Welcome back, Wonyoungie."

"Hey, unnie. Can I get a crepe, please?"

"Sure. Go take a seat meanwhile."

"Thanks, unnie." Wonyoung went to take the seat at the corner, two seats away from Yujin's.

Hitomi mouthed her 'good luck' and left. Okay, she can do this. She's talked to a plenty of pretty girls and even dated a few before. This one should be a piece of cake. Yujin was just going to talk to her like a normal person.

She could feel her nerves rushing in as she got up from her own seat and approach Wonyoung's. "Hi. Can I sit here?"

"Sure," Wonyoung promptly replied.

Yujin took her seat and carefully constructed her next words inside her head. She then gives a reply that is worthy of her intelligence. "You're really pretty."

Useless lesbian.

Wonyoung giggled, giving her the same reaction as she did the day before. "Why, thank you. I'm flattered."