chapter 3

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of suicide and blood.

Yujin woke up to her blaring alarm once more. She groaned in annoyance, reminding herself to change her alarm the next time before she goes to sleep. She reached for her phone and switched it off with much effort, her body cracking at its joints.

Her eyes once again hovered on the dull cracks of the ceiling. The couch had been uncomfortable and her whole body ached, her weird sleeping positions not helping either. Yujin entertained random thoughts inside her head for a while. Before she came to a dawning realisation.

Her nightmares. They were gone.

She suddenly sat upright and her body jolted briefly of pain from the sudden impact. She didn't have any of those gory nightmares she'd been having for months now. Yujin heaved out a sigh of relief. I haven't slept like that in ages, she thought. Maybe it was a good sign. Today's going to be better.

Yujin could feel it in her veins.

__________________________________________

Except today isn't any better. She was late again, as per usual and had absolutely no time for breakfast thereby resulting in her sprinting down to the garage soon after she stepped out of the shower and had changed. Yujin could've sworn she'd gotten a few bruises on her knee after she tripped over absolutely nothing while running down the stairs.

She drove off to work as usual, reminding herself to eat something before work lest her failure of a body decides to faint out of exhaustion.

"You're late, loafer."

Yujin grumbled, "I get it that I'm tardy. You don't need to stick it up my ass everytime."

She slipped into her spare uniform quickly, grimacing at the weird smell. She'd forgotten to wash it again. Yujin wasn't even surprised at that point. Procrastination was her second nature. School education surely did wonders for her.

"I'm just reminding you. Anyway, we're planning another game night. Maybe tomorrow. You should join us."

Yujin contemplated. Last time they had a game night, they ended up on each other's throats and possibly challenging their friendships becaus well, neither Sakura nor Yena were very patient or non violent people. Hyewon swore on her mother that she was not going to let anyone of them into her apartment for another game night. Chaeyeon almost lost a limb.

Yujin's face scrunched at the memory. "I'll think about it."

"It wouldn't be bad, trust me. Last time, we were all pretty much drunk and weren't under supervision. So we're going to do it at Eunbi's. Chaeyeon's offering dinner and everything."

The image of a motherly Eunbi nagging and ruining their game night became much more frightening than any of them losing an organ, so Yujin simply said, "We'll see."

__________________________________________

"You're late," Chaeyeon reminded her once she stepped into the kitchen.

"You- ugh." Yujin instead stomps her way to her counter, trying not to lose it early in the morning.

"Who's got your panties up in a bunch?" Chaeyeon chuckled.

"She hasn't had her milk yet. Don't bother her," Sakura piped in.

Yujin squinted at the two. She was about to retort when Eunbi's obnoxiously high pitched voice came ringing throughout the kitchen.

"2 coffee glazed pork ribs for table 8, chicken cauliflower fried rice for 6, 3 beef and broccoli for 9. Push it! Push it! Push it!"

Yujin could've sworn that she'd recieved the same orders as yesterday. What were the odds of a customer visiting a restaurant on consecutive days and ordering the same thing? She temporarily let her thoughts speak to her. Pranks were not uncommon in the kitchen (very much to the dismay of Eunbi) and everyone had likely decided to gang up on her with some stupid repeated dialogues.