chapter 15

Day 10: Part II

"What is wrong with you?"

Yujin stared back at her boss and head chef with cocked brows. "What do you mean?"

"You tell me." Eunbi folded her arms and stared back at her with the same look. "You suddenly show up to work early and ask me if you could take the main course. All without that permanent grouchy look you carry everytime you step foot into the kitchen. It's only natural to assume that something is wrong with you."

Yujin took a sip of her Americano and cringed at the bitterness. Yena had forgotten her sugar and cream order again. Disgusted, she placed the cup on Eunbi's table and pushed it away as far as she could as if that would do justice to her now cursed tongue. "Nothing is wrong with me."

"You know what, I don't think I can trust you after Chaeyeon told me you had a girlfriend." Eunbi looked at her through her glasses with an accusing stare. "What is it that you're hiding? Did you rob a bank? Is the police after you? Are you pregnant? Why are your eyes red? Are you on crack?"

Yujin rolled her eyes for what felt like the thousandth time of the day. Yena and Sakura kept being dramatic over her early appearance at work.

"The world is ending, kkura. And I haven't even confessed to Yuri yet."

"Yujin needs a divine intervention. Satan has possessed her weak and hopeless body."

"Gasp, you mean Kim Yerim-"

"Yes, Irene senpai would agree."

While Chaeyeon kept wiggling her brows and winking in her direction everytime they made eye contact that Yujin was beginning to worry if the older girl was suffering from an acute lack of magnesium. Her patience had certainly decreased tenfold by the time she entered Eunbi's office.

"I'm not hiding anything. I just want a change in shift because I can't stand Jaehwan's odour when we work next to each other. Literally anyone who has been in a metre radius with him would know," Yujin explained with the little amount of patience she had left. "And excuse you, my eyes are red because I couldn't sleep after you rightfully kicked us all out of the chat. I don't have the privilege of sleeping knocked out after foreplay sex with my girlfriend unlike some of us here."

The head chef grew red at the revelation. Yujin smirked. But she should've known, Kwon Eunbi was never one to back down without a fight, especially in arguments so she instead narrowed her eyes and jabbed a finger in her direction. "You're barred from talking to Chaeyeon all day."

Yujin shrugged. "Fine by me. She's been bothering me anyway."

Eunbi sighed and took off her glasses. "I'll inform her about the shift change, then. You can go now." She ran her fingers through her newly dyed jet black hair and pinched her neck her bridge with the same hand.

"Not until you tell me what's bothering you."

"What?"

Yujin pointed at her. "That. The classic 'Eunbi is about to snap' pose. You do that when you're bothered."

The said girl pressed her lips into a thin line. Yujin felt bad for her. The struggle that came along with keeping a high end restuarant together at a young age, much less managing idiots like her as staffs was something that always took a toll on her and her temper. Maybe Eunbi was always snappy for a reason.

"We had dinner with Chaeyeon's family yesterday," she replied whilst taking a sip from her third cup of coffee since the morning. Or maybe it was the fourth, Yujin had lost count.