chapter 14

Day 10: Part I

Sleep is for the weak.

At least that was what Yujin kept telling herself for the past half an hour, laid diagonally on her bed.

It was 3 in the morning, her air con had broken down at the worst of times- mid July nonetheless and she couldn't fucking sleep. Yujin struggled to hold herself down from jumping down the window as her room had suddenly decide to morph itself into the Sahara desert and her bed was now a disgusting mixture of unwashed sheets and sweat currently pouring out of the Niagara in between her armpits.

She'd tried sleeping naked, on the floor, without covers and even went to the point of attempting to fit herself into the refrigerator before ultimately giving up because Yujin figured it would be a dumbass thing to even try and sleep in the heat.

So there she was, her long limbs sprawled over her bed whilst she stared up at the ceiling like she had just lost four kids in parental custody.

I'm going to look like shit today.

She rolled over her belly and grabbed her phone from the nightstand. If I'm going to waste my time lying awake, I might as well waste it usefully. Her Twitter feed was disgustingly dry, save for Minnie occassionally clowning Miyeon's hopeless love life.

Yujin sighed and logged out of the app, opening the usual group chat instead. She saw the typing status from some of them. None of her friends had the proper braincells to sleep when normal people did anyway. Maybe that was why Hyewon and Sakura took turns sleeping in the broom closet.

i'm straight: i can't with this heat

irene senpai: why is hyewon trying to fit herself in the fridge

food: im literally experiencing heaven in flesh stfu

dimple prince: and why are you in kkura's kitchen

food: this bitch invited me to play fortnigt with her and there was no food in the kitchen CAN YOU BELIEVE THE NERVE OF THIS BITCH-

food: ive been scammed

i'm straight: i feel an incoming headache

duck: quack quack bitch

i'm straight: there it is

suffering mother: chaeyeon is snoring and i can't sleep help

dimple prince: no hags allowed

suffering mother: stfu toddler

duck: FHGhHJhG

molecule: why did chaeyeon spam me with eunbi's pics and a 'im going to go die bye'

suffering mother: the bitch keeps sobbing over my new black hair smh

Yujin continued the conversation with her friends for a while before ultimately getting bored. Eunbi had shooed them all out of the chat, nagging that they had work in a couple of hours with a 'I'm going to cut your pay if I see anyone drooling in the broom closet' and everyone had the wits to log off after that. She checked the time. 5:10 am.

It was still dark outside. Distant horns of vehicles could be heard faintly. Yujin internally wondered if a stroll would be so bad at the moment, considering how her room was beginning to upgrade itself into the Lut desert and she had enough Niagara for the day.

About fifteen minutes later, Yujin steps out of the bathroom, freshened and in her sweats and proceeds to exit her stifling apartment. Once she made it out of the building, she inhaled and exhaled, taking in the freshness and silence of the otherwise noisy complex.