chapter 5

Day 3

Yujin was never fond of things like waking up early in the morning. She never believed in all the benefits of waking early bullshit. But then there she was, power walking her way to Hotomi's bakery at 8 o'clock in the morning, her head full and fist clenched.

She hadn't been able to enjoy a good sleep, contrary to the day before and Yujin had finally decided to roll out of the covers at 7 am. If anyone else knew what she was going through, it was Hitomi. She needed to talk to her. Lucky for her, Hitomi was an early bird and so was her bakery.

Yujin almost barged into the store. Thankfully, it was still early and there were not many people around. Yiren greeted her from the counter.

"Hey, Yujin. Didn't expect you here this early."

"I needed breakfast." The said girl looked around for a certain Japanese. "Where's Hitomi unnie? I need to talk to her."

"Tomi comes in at 9. She has classes before that."

Right. She works at a culinary school.

Yiren seemed to sense her need to talk to Hitomi and kindly told her, "You can sit down while you wait for her. I'll get you something."

Thank the skies for Wang Yiren. The girl was an angel.

"Thanks."

"Anything for our loyal customers."

___________________________________________

"I didn't know you worked the morning shift."

"Because you don't come here on mornings.....?"

"Right. I don't."

Yujin had been sitting around, picking at whatever bread she'd ordered with her spoon before eventually getting bored. The customer flow was particularly slow that morning and Yiren was also finding it hard to sit at the counter without yawning every two minutes. Bored meets bored, both of them had randomly started a conversation to kill time.

"I get off early that way. Goeun unnie takes it from there."

Yujin takes a bite out of her bread before replying, "How's living with Yena unnie?"

"It's fine, mostly. She's a little messy but atleast she does the grocery shopping on time. Also, she's a good cook so it saves us from eating takeout all the time."

"The girl can be a really good cook when she wants to be. How's everything with the art school, though?"

"Things have been good lately. I managed to pay my tuition fees on time. Also, we're having an art exhibit on Friday. I told Yena unnie to invite her friends. You should come too."

"Sure. I'll tell the others."

Just then, the bell at the entrance chimed and Hitomi steps in. "Hey, unnie. I'm so sorry, classes took longer than expected."

"It's alright. Yujin has been waiting for you."

"Oh, you're early. For once." Hitomi looks at Yujin.

Yujin rolls her eyes. Hotomi's snarky side can catch her off guard sometimes. "Unnie, we need to talk."

"Sure. I'll just out put my stuff at the back and come."

The wait for Hitomi felt like forever. Yujin looks out the glass windows and unconsciously starts shaking her legs, her bread now long forgotten. A few minutes passed by in silence before the older Japanese emerged from the kitchen.