CHAPTER TEN

~Violet's POV~

Today, I had a meeting with alpha Warren. As much as I hate him for all the pain he has inflicted on Dylan, he is an ally and he is friends with my family. I couldn't just cancel the meeting for no reason, and it was just a simple peace-keeping meeting. To make sure we had each others backs at war.

"Violet, they should be here in less than half an hour." Kai said as he entered my office.

"Great," I grumbled sarcastically as I shut off my computer

"Is something wrong?" He asked as he walked in more and closed the door being him.

"Warren was Dylan's previous alpha." I told him.

"You mean, he's the one who...." he trailed off, not being able to finish his sentence.

"Yes! He's the one who gave my poor mate all of those horrible scars and PTSD." I said angrily through gritted teeth.

"He won't be here for long. You just have to sign the treaty and talk about your conditions. It will be two hours tops." He said, giving me a small smile to help me calm down.

"Right. And Dylan only has to greet him, not have any conversations with him." I said, trying to bring myself up into a better mood for today.

"You should probably go change. You look like a mess." Kai chucked.

I rolled my eyes at him before leaving to change. It was true, I looked like a mess. I was stressed over how Dylan would react to the news about Warren being here.

I made it to my bedroom and took a quick shower, not bothering to wash my hair as I did so last night. I got changed into a pair of my black distressed jeans, my red striped tank top and come black vans. I put my hair in a messy bun and put on the necklace Dylan gave me for Christmas.

"Oh, hey. I thought you had a meeting." Dylan said as she walked into our bedroom.

"I do, yeah," I reply before hesitating to tell her who it was with. "It's with, um, your old alpha."

"WARREN IS HERE?!" She shouted loudly.

"Not yet, but-" I began but I noticed her heavy breathing and I quickly ran over to her and pulled her in a hug. I whispered encouraging things in her ear, and she seemed to calm down.

"I understand if you don't want to, but usually the alpha and luna meet their guest together. You wouldn't have to talk much. Just say hello."

"I'll do it, just let me get dressed."

"Ok," I said before I kissed the top of her head.

I left the room to go finish setting up the paperwork file I would need for Warren. I set everything up and made myself a cup of coffee before I got a mindlink from Kai.

"They are here. Border guards said they are coming." He informed me.

"Thank you. I'm ready for them." I replied as I took a seat at my desk.

In less than 5 minutes, there was a knock on my door, letting me know that Warren was here.

"Come in," I told Kai. He walked in with Warren behind him. Kai bowed his head before leaving and closing the door behind him.

"Warren, please take a seat." I said monotonously as I pointed to the empty chairs in front of my desk.

"How are you, Violet?" He asked me as he sat down on the chair before crossing his legs.

"I'm doing well. How are you?" I replied, trying to be polite.

"Pretty nice. Have you found your mate yet?" He asked as I skipped through the papers before handing Warren the folder.