CHAPTER SIXTEEN

~Dylan's POV~

I woke up and the baby was still sleeping, so I decided to go downstairs and start making some dinner.

I was making some tomato soup when I heard the baby crying. I turned the stove down to a lower setting before going to check upon him.

I changed his diaper and changed him into something a little warmer before going downstairs.

I held him in one hand and stirred the soup with the other.

I finished making the soup and started pouring myself a bowl when the door opened.

I went back to the main room, still holding him, and saw Violet taking her shoes off.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Hey, baby. I've missed you." She said before she leaned down and kissed me.

"How was everything today?" I asked her as we walked towards the kitchen.

"I should be asking you that." She laughed. "But everything was okay today. Kai and I did some work and then I talked to Korey and the other warriors about our plans."

"That's good." I smiled as I poured Violet a bowl of soup as well.

"So what did Sydney tell you?" She asked.

Over dinner, I explained everything to Violet about what Sydney said. Then, I told her about how Delta and I went shopping and how we designed his bedroom.

"What should we name the baby?" Violet asked me.

"I really like the name Atlas," I suggested.

"Atlas," She said like she was testing out the name to see how it fits. "How about, Altas Ray Wood-Bane."

"I like that." I nodded my head in agreement.

***

It was around three in the morning when Violet and I got the alarming messages that Warren and his pack mates were attacking us.

I instantly jumped out of bed and changed as Violet did the same. I got the baby ready and ran to the orphanage.

I had a key and for some reason Cindy was awake.

"Cindy!" I whisper-shouted. "I really need you to watch over Atlas. We're being attacked and I'm joining Violet on the field today."

"Go ahead! I'll take care of him." She told me.

I gave her Atlas and his bag of stuff before leaving.

I ran outside and shifted, not caring that my clothes ripped.

"What side is he on?" I asked everyone through the mind link.

"North. There's a lot of them." Violet replied and I started running towards the northern border.

When I got there I was in shock. There was a lot, like a lot, of pack mates with him. I saw a few unfamiliar bodies laying around, so I assumed they were from his team. But, I also saw a few people I saw on our property before. I felt my stomach turn at the thought and sight of people in our pack being dead.

I saw Delta, Kai, Corey, Everest and Seth on the field beside Violet.

They all ran towards Warren, getting ready to pounce on him.

I stayed back a bit and scoped out the area. More of our pack mates started coming and attacking the others.

I took down a few of the people on the sidelines and killed one.