CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

~Dylan's POV~

"You absolutely sure I can go through with this?" Violet asked me. "I know you're mad at her, but she was your friend."

"I'm sure," I said without hesitation.

"Alright," she nodded her head. "I'll let them know."
Today was the day that Warren and Delta were being executed. We have already drafted the letter to their pack and we have planned out how we're going to go on about this.

As much hatred as I had for them, I wasn't in the mood to deal with a long slow death for them. I just wanted this all to be done and over with.

***

"I'm so tired," Violet sighed as she plopped down the bed beside me.

"Hm," I hummed as she slowly crawled halfway into me.

She laid her head on my chest and draped her arm over me. She intertwined her legs with mine and yawned.

"How was it?" I asked her as I stroked her hair.

"Unpleasant," she mumbled. "Warren just accepted his faith, but Delta, on the other hand, kept trying to tell me that I have got it all wrong."

"That's bullshit," I commented.

"But I don't want to think about that anymore," she grumbled. "I need a distraction."

"Oh yeah," I whispered as I leaned in close to her ear. "Is this good enough?" I asked before I placed light feathery kisses on her neck.

"What's up with the character change?" Violet asked.

I pulled away and had a guilty look on my face. "Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry."

"No!" She yelled as she grabbed my arm and pulled me into her. "It's just you have never acted like this before. I was usually the one who made the first move."

"After everything that we had just finished dealing with, especially when I went to see them, I just felt like I had this new aura going on with myself. It felt too good to just act like a whole new person when I was down there." I ranted.

"Well, I like the new you," Violet smiled before she kissed me.

The kiss was slow and gentle. It felt nice, to say the least. I pulled away and continued stroking her hair until I heard her light snores.

After a few minutes of silence, my eyes started to droop down slowly, so I laid down for a nap with my girlfriend.

When I woke up, Violet was still asleep, so I decided that I could surprise her with some dinner.

I got out of bed, being careful not to wake her up, and covered her with a blanket before going downstairs.

I walked into our kitchen and turned on the lights before getting started.

I was in the mood for some spaghetti, and we had a pack of ground beef we needed to use, so I made meatballs.

When I started making the sauce, I heard footsteps coming down. I turned down the stove before walking out to see Violet with slightly messy hair and some smudged makeup.

I walked up to her and gave her a hug before she had the chance to say anything.

"Something smells delicious," Violet said after sniffing the air.

"You'll get dinner after you wash up," I told her as I pulled away from the hug.

"Fine," she sighed.

She mumbled something incoherent under her breath and she made her way down the hall and back up the stairs.

I got out our dishes and added spaghetti to the bowls, with meatballs in sauce on top. I got us two cups of water with ice before getting the forks.