CHAPTER TWELVE

~Dylan's POV~

"I think, I think your mate is at our table," I said pointing to Delta.

"What?! Oh my g-, how do I look?!" He paced around nervously while biting on his nails.

"Korey" I snapped him out of his thoughts as I placed my hands on his chest. "You look fine. I'm sure you're going to love Delta."

"Her name is Delta?" He asked and I nodded my head in response.

"Ok, I'm going to go meet her." He took in a breath before walking her way.

I observed as Korey made his way over. The two looked overgrown with joy. Korey took her hand and they left the table and went to a cotton candy bar.

"Je veux aller aux maison. (I wanna go home)" Adelene whined as she came up to me. I picked her up carefully holding her with one arm as she rested on my hip.

"Je vais dire aux Violet que tu veux aller. Ok? (I'm going to tell Violet you wanna go home. Ok?)" I asked her.

She mumbled an 'mhm' before laying her head on my shoulder. I didn't even realize I was rocking her until I heard her soft snores. I laughed before carefully wiggling out of my sweater to wrap around her.

"Hey guys, I think we should go," I said quietly as I approached Ebony, Kai and Violet.

"Sure," Violet replied as she stood up.

"Do you mind if we stay? We will ride back with Korey." Kai asked.

"Not a problem. Have fun!" I waved goodbye before taking Violets' hand and walking to the car.

I buckled Adelene in her car seat before adjusting it so she can sleep. Once I was done, I buckled myself in the passenger seat. Violet took a hold of my hand as she started to drive.

"It's late so do you think Adelene can just sleep at the packhouse? I can drop her off first thing in the morning."

"No yeah, that's fine. But do we have enough room for her?" Violet asked as we pulled up to a red light.

"We can open the couch for her. And the sheets are clean. So I will just give her my pillow and a blanket." I suggested.

"Sounds good." She smiled at me before looking back to see the sleeping child.

"You so attached to this kid," Violet laughed, taking a glance my way before returning her attention back to the empty road ahead of us.

"I guess, she just reminds me of when I was little. And she doesn't have a mom, so I'm taking over that role." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I get it. You see her as your own little being. And, that kid is so fucking cute." Violet said with a smile taking over her face.

***

"Mm," Adelene grumbled as she turned away from the sun.

"Honey, it's time for you to eat," I whispered to her as I ruffled her hair.

"No," she mumbled.