CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Yeah well think again. I mean it was all because of Delta that I was able to kill so many of you."

I felt tears in the corner of my eyes as I looked at Delta. She had a guilty look on her face, so I knew Warren wasn't lying.

My stomach turned and I felt sick. I ran away from there and upstairs and managed to go to the bathroom before I threw up. As I haven't eaten pretty much all day, it was very acidic and made me feel even worse.

I felt someone rubbing my back, but I didn't feel the sparks, so I knew it wasn't Violet.

I turned around and was Kai. He gave me a small, sad smile. He opened her arms for me and I, surprisingly, accepted his hug.

I sobbed into his shirt, feeling extremely guilty. After all, it was me who let Delta back into our lives.

"I'm sorry," I cried into his shirt.

"Shh," he comforted me. "It's okay. It's all going to be okay. No one is mad at you. Don't worry."

"I'm so sorry," I sobbed.

"Shh, it's okay," he whispered to me.

Kai had led me to my room and stayed with me while I cried.

I felt absolutely horrible. After all, if I hadn't let her in to stay with us, we wouldn't be in this current mess. I never really pictured her doing this, but people can show you a different side.

I briefly remember him telling me it wasn't my fault and that everything would be ok before I fell asleep.

I woke up covered in a thick blanket, but still wearing the clothes I was earlier in the day. I yawned and stretched out my muscles before I heard the door being open.

Kai came into the room, holding a plastic tray with food on it.

"Oh, I didn't know you were awake yet," he said as he placed the tray on the bedside table.

"Yeah, I just woke up like a few minutes ago," I said, giving a small laugh at the end in an attempt to lighten the mood a bit.

"I would tell you to shower first, but the food is already getting kind of cold."

"So," I asked as I took the tray off the bedside table and put it on my lap, "any news?"

"Well," he began, "we took Delta in as a prisoner and she's now in the cell next to Warrens. Violet is letting Korey talk with her. They are thinking of some punishments, but I think they will both end up dead regardless. Because if they get the elders involved it will be worse than just killing the pair. If we just kill the two, the beta will become the new leader of the pack, but the elders will make sure that that pack will never be a pack. They will all be rogues and the land will be split to the nearby packs."

"So, it would be easier if we just kill them?" I asked.

"Pretty much," he sighed. "We will just have to write a letter to their pack letting them know that their alpha won't be returning."

"Oh. Well, how is Everest?" I asked.

"Seth said she's doing okay. The healing process is doing good. She will probably be sent back to her room today, latest tomorrow." He told me.

"And how is Ebony holding up? With her pregnancy and all?"

"I'd say she's doing okay. Sydney said her due date is coming up so she's busy trying to pick a name and everything." He told me with a smile forming on his face as he talked about his mate.

"Do you want to know the gender?" I asked him.

"Ebony wants a surprise, so we're getting stuff in yellow, grey and white for the baby."

"Oh, cute."

The rest of the day was spent in silence. Kai stayed with me until 6, because he went to check on Ebony.

It was getting late so I decided to take a bath before I went to bed.

I filled the tub with warm water, vanilla-scented soap, and I added a small strawberry bath bomb.

When the water started to get cold, I got out and drained the tub before changing into some pyjamas.

When I left the bathroom, I saw Violet laying under our blanket. She was snoring slightly and cuddled into my pillow.

I laughed silently to myself before getting under the blanket with her. She sensed me immediately and pulled me into her chest.

***

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Violet asked me.

I wanted to talk to Delta before the pack killed her to maybe understand why she did what she did. Violet was hesitant about letting me go see her, but she understands that it's my choice.

"Yes, I'm sure." I nodded my head. I knew that this decision of mine should be quick and without thinking, because once I start overthinking something, it stays for a while.

Violet led me down to where they were being kept and told me she would stay outside the door.

Before I could take more than two steps in, she pulled me in for a kiss.

"I'll be right here," she whispered to me.

"I know. I believe you," I told her before placing a kiss on her cheek.

I walked into the cell where the pair were being held and they didn't look to be into good condition. They had a decent amount of scratches and bruises around them and they had very prominent bags under their eyes. Their skin was also much paler than it was when we were on the battlefield.

"Hello, slut," Warren spat, as I shut the door behind me.

"Hello," I said with a small smile.

"Why the fuck are you smiling?! You should be sobbing your fucking eyes out." He shouted.

"Well, who said I didn't cry? But I decided that it was a waste, as you two mean nothing to me anyway." I laughed.

"Aren't you mad your best friend betrayed you?" He asked.

"I was, but I figured I never meant much to her anyways." I shrugged my shoulders.

"No!" Delta yelled. "You meant so much to me! You always did!"

"Okay, sure," I rolled my eyes.

"You are!" She sobbed. "You were and are my best friend! I love you! I always have! God fuck, you were so important to me!"

"Then why did you do it?!" I snapped at her.

"Warren told me if I did this for him, that he would pay for my mom's surgery. She was injected with something, and the cure is so expensive. I didn't have the money to pay, so he said if I helped with this, then he would pay for her medical bills."

"Well, you both going to die now anyway, so what you did was pointless," I smirked.

"You're bluffing," Warren said. "You can't kill us."

"I can't, but that doesn't mean Violet doesn't have other people in mind for this," I stated.

Both of them paled immediately after the words left my mouth. I could see Delta's body start to tremble a bit and Warren looked plain pissed.

"Well anyway, I need to get going. Have fun!" I waved them goodbye before leaving.

Hey! I am so so so sorry for not posting in like a month. I was just super busy with a lot of things.

This chapter is short, so I hope the next chapter will be out soon.

-C🔭⛓