Chapter Three

Foxfire had started the next day. Fitz leaped to Havenfield to pick Sophie up so they could go in together.

Grady was glaring at Fitz as he came in to get Sophie. He evidently did not want him in the house or anywhere near Sophie. Sophie felt she was lucky he hadn't locked her in her room.

Fitz took her hand and they leaped to Foxfire. Fitz was wearing his white Level Six uniform and Sophie was wearing her green Level Four Uniform. Fitz was 17 and Sophie was 15 and Fitz would be entering the elite levels soon so he wouldn't be able to see her soon.

Just then some giggling girls passed. They were pointing at the cuffs on Sophie and Fitz's arms and their tangled fingers. But Fitz didn't care and so that made her not care either. It didn't matter anymore. They were together, they were inseparable and that was all Sophie could ask for and she had ever dreamed of.

As they made their way to the morning announcements, Fitz led her over to the group of teenagers wearing Level Six uniforms. Surprisingly, Keefe was there. Somehow he had woken up from his sleep.

"Hey Foster," he said awkwardly staring at her and Fitz's wrists and tangled fingers. "What are you doing here?"

Sophie was about to say something stupid, but Fitz saved her by talking for her. "She over here because I took her here."

Keefe sighed, "I can't believe that I missed 4 days and now you two are running out to get crush cuffs and now officially dating. I thought you broke up."

"We did," she said, and Fitz filled him on the rest. She did her best to stare at her feet but she knew eventually she would have to face her other friends.

When the morning announcements were over she headed off towards her inflicting sessions with Councilor Bronte but Fitz pulled her back.

"Sophie," he said grabbing her hand and pulling her towards Magnate Leto's office. "Magnate Leto wants to talk to you. He asked me to come and he said that you and I would miss our morning session."

"Okay," She said letting him lead her in the doors to the office. 

Magnate Leto was seared at his desk chair. There were two chairs on the other side of his desk and Sophie and Fitz sat down in them.

"Miss Foster," Magnate Leto said, "I would like to promote you to a Level Six at Foxfire."