Chapter Five

Sophie and Fitz spent the rest of the morning together in Fitz's room. At lunch, Fitz's imparter rang with a call from Biana and Sophie's with a call from Keefe. 

Sophie desperately did not want to answer, but she felt like she had to. He probably really needed to talk so she accepted the call.

His face sprang on to the screen and he said, "Foster, where are you the Fitzster?" Did you guys get lunch detention or something?"

"Nope." She said, "It's a long story, but I'm not at school, I'm at Everglen with Fitz."

Keefe's smile faded slightly replaced by his usual smirk, "Have you guys decided your a too hot couple for Foxfire because seriously?"

Sophie didn't want to say it but she blurted out, "I got promoted to Level Six starting tomorrow."

"Seriously Foster? Then what's Fitzy doing with you? Please don't say you guys are on like a date or something."

"Uh...Keefe. Fitz is attending all my sessions with me. And were at Everglen because I don't want to be around Grady when he finds out about this. Let's just say he hates you and Fitz."

Keefe was speechless. Sophie felt terrible for him. Wouldn't it have been better if she never knew about his crush on her? Behind him, Biana shrieked, "What, your kidding Fitz. Really?"

"Umm....Keefe," she mumbled, "I will explain it all later. Can you make it to Everglen for a Slumber Party tonight? Invite Dex too. Oh and Tam and Lihn, Okay?"

"Yeah Foster, I'll be there and I will tell Dex and Lihn. I'm not sure I'll tell Bangs Boy but Lihn will. I've got to go, but congratulations!"

Keefe's face disappeared leaving Sophie in a terrible mood. Fitz clicked off his imparter too and asked her, "What's wrong, Sophie?"

"Keefe seems mad at me, and you. I feel bad for him but the thing is it's not my fault."

"It's going to be okay," he said wrapping his arms around her. "He'll get over it. I know it's going to be hard with all this drama. The thing is Sophie, you don't realize how many of the boys in our little friend group have a crush on you? Because Wylie does, Dex and Tam do, and Keefe. They all do and they were already mad at me before we broke up and then it's going to happen again"

"Really? They're all going to hate me when they find out. Why is this so hard?"

"You know Sophie, I really don't know. I said it before, I wish I knew what I was doing but I  really don't and I'm glad we're in this together because this whole dating thing is turning out to be really difficult for some reason. I don't why but it is so we can work through it together. We have my parents' support and Edaline's support and they will help us through it okay? They'll get over it. You'll see."

"Um....dude are you guys snuggling?" Keefe said from the doorway. Fitz blushed bright red and Sophie was pretty sure she was too, but Fitz didn't let go quickly. Instead, he turned and kissed her on the cheek and sat tangling their fingers together.

"Yeah." Fitz replied, "Where's everyone else?"

"Downstairs, they told me to come up here to find you because they didn't want to ruin your sweet moment."

Sophie groaned and got up. "Okay, we're coming." 

She headed downstairs to where she knew there was going to be a lot of drama.