Chapter Four

"What?" Sophie and Fitz both said, "You mean I'm skipping two levels, well that's great it's a repeat of my human life again." she mumbled.

Magnate Leto took a deep breath, "Yes, Miss Foster. Starting tomorrow you will be a Level Six and Mr. Vacker you and Miss Foster will be attending all your sessions together."

Fitz smiled his perfect smile and told Sophie, "Sophie, I know you are freaked out about this but it's going to be amazing." He turned his attention to Magnate Leto, "Are you serious?" he asked.

"Yes, I am serious Mr. Vacker. Meanwhile, you can go home for the rest of the day if you would like."

Fitz stood up and helped Sophie out her chair and to her surprise, although she probably shouldn't have been surprised, he picked her up and hugged her tightly. They stood there for a while until Magnate Leto cleared his throat.

They let go and hurried out of the room. "I'm not sure how Keefe's going to take this," she told him.

"We can worry about that later, Soph," he told her, "do you want to come to Everglen because I'm not sure I want to be around Grady when he hears the news."

"Me neither," she agreed, "mind you I think might have to steer clear of him for a couple of days."

Fitz smiled, "You can always sleepover, Sophie."

"I might take you up on that, at least for tonight."

"Deal," He said as they stepped into the light.

Everglen shined brightly in the morning sun. Alden was outside the front when they got there. He hurried towards them and asked, "Aren't you guys supposed to be in session?"

"Nope," Fitz said happily, "Sophie's been promoted to Level Six and she starts tomorrow and we are sharing all our classes so we have a free day!"

Alden said, "Skipping two levels has never happened before, but I can't say I'm surprised. Go have fun inside."

They walked into the shimmering mansion up the stairs to Fitz's bedroom. 

When they got there Fitz turned to face Sophie and said, "I can't believe this is happening. I've liked you since Allveture and I never thought you would like me back but somehow you do and I just wanted to tell you I love you."

Her face burned. She was sure she was bright red, but for the first time, she didn't care. He knew she liked him and he liked her back. "I'm so glad we're together," she told him, "I love you too, but I want to know what's going to happen when everyone finds out especially Keefe because I'm not sure he's going to take it too well."

"I don't know what will happen either," he admitted, "I've never done this before. It might seem like I know everything about this but, I don't. I'm just as new at this as you are. I'm not going to hide that, and I'm not going to hide that I'm nervous that I will mess it all up again. But, I need you to trust me."

"I do trust you, Fitz. I want you to know that." There were tears streaming down her cheeks. "I would never lie to you. I love you and I don't know how to express it. You've been so much better at this than me; I mean you've been giving me presents and I haven't given you a thing and you know all the perfect things to say and I just mess..."

"No Sophie," he cut her off, "All I want is you, I don't need a present, I don't need you to say everything perfectly. I just need you. So please don't be so hard on yourself. You perfect the way you are and I want you to just stay you. Can you do that?"

"I think I can."