58

Two weeks left before October changes to November. Time flies fast, indeed.

Everyone has their own purpose to live from day to day. One might just wakes up to fulfill another day of hard work to survive. Others might just wake up to create another happy memory in their life. Chaeyoung is one of them trying to keep as many good memories as she can while figuring out the answers for the questions in her head.

Today is just another day she wakes up thinking of where to go to find the clue to the questions. For now, all she has found out is just the same place of birth with Jungkook. She still could not find the reason and the way they got switched. Those thoughts linger in her head even when she has arrived at her workplace.

"Chaeyoung?", Jieun claps her hands in front of the tall blonde girl who seems to not heard her greetings earlier.

"Oh, Jieun unnie! Hi!", Chaeyoung replies with a smile.

"Are you okay? You seem to be deep in your own thoughts there.", Jieun says.

Chaeyoung shakes her head before apologizing to Jieun. The elder lady chuckles at her.

"Jungkook is right. You're too nice, Chaeyoung. You say sorry even when there's nothing wrong. Do you know he likes you? He doesn't tell me but I know by the way he cares about you, the way he looks at you and the way he talks about you. He's head over heels for you, Chaeyoung.", Jieun is told to slow down as she finishes her words.

They are already inside J Group building and are going to the ID scanner platform to enter the elevator area. Chaeyoung is worried if anyone else hear what Jieun just said. She knows some of the staff there do not like her for working there as Jungkook's PA. She does not want to make them hate her more with a rumour about her and Jungkook.

"Yah, Chaeyoung. Don't you like him too?", Jieun asks in whisper as they wait for the elevator to come down.

Chaeyoung tries hard not to react to it and just shakes her head. "You do? Yes?", Jieun keeps teasing her with that question. She pokes Chaeyoung's arm to make her give a response more than just shaking her head. She wants an answer from Chaeyoung's mouth.

When the elevator opens, they see Jungkook in there as he is from the underground parking area. Both Jieun and Chaeyoung widened their eyes as they enter the elevator together. Jungkook gives way for them and three other staff who fills in the empty space behind him.

Jungkook stands on the left side of the elevator. Chaeyoung is about to enter to the right side but Jieun pulls her arm to stand at the center instead.

"Annyeong, Jungkook.", Jieun says as quiet as possible.

"Annyeong, Jieun-ssi, Chaeyoung.", he replies as he glances at the both of them briefly.

The elevator opens at the 3rd floor and one staff goes out leaving only five people inside.

"Why are you two so quiet?", Jieun asks out of nowhere as the elevator continues to go up.

Chaeyoung is startled with the question while Jungkook keeps smiling.

"Am I the only one who feels weird about this?", Jieun asks while ignoring the two staff behind them.

"You guys work together. Why are you so silent?", Jieun continued asking.

"Excuse me.", a staff behind her says as the elevator stops at the 8th floor.

Jieun gives way for him and his friend to go out leaving only her, Chaeyoung and Jungkook in the elevator. Right after the elevator closes, Jieun looks at the faces of the other two people with her in there. One is smiling like an idiot while the other is keeping a poker face.