3

(howdy)

“You’re late.”

“What did you expect? I wasn’t even awake when you told me to be here in five minutes!” Sans complained. “Anyway, what is it? You never call to meet up with me. Have you decided you prefer me over Asriel or something?” He smirked.

“You know that’ll never happen, idiot.” She sighed. “I called you because I need help.”

“Help? The all mighty Chara asking for help? This is really something…”

“Ugh. Shut up and listen. Well, remember that tomorrow Frisk, Asri, me and you arranged to meet up for a double date, right?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Double dates were really the point for us to fake date, you know, so that Frisk and Asri would see that we’re a better couple and be jealous of us, Frisk realising that you’re better for her and Asriel realising that I’m better for him.”

“Yup. Easy peasy.”

“Well, I’m not so sure, Sans… First, I’ve never been in a relationship before and I think you haven’t either.”

“Mmm, I did have this thing going on with Muffet when we were like five years old, but I guess I see what you mean.”

“I’ve never even been close to being with someone that way! How can I be a better partner than someone if don’t even know how to be a partner?!” Chara was getting flustered.

“Well, it’s not like there’s a specific way to-”

“Damn it, Sans, I know!” She cut him off. “But it’s about affection, right? How to a demonstrate affection when there’s really none there because we’re pretending?”

“That makes it easier. Since we’re just pretending we’re not going to be getting nervous. It’s just acting. Say what you’d want to say to Asriel but are too afraid to, you’re not gonna be afraid if you’re saying it to me.”

“But Sans, I don’t even know what I want to say to Asriel! I know I like him, but, damn it! I don’t know affection, okay?!” She sighed sadly. “I’m as cold as a rock, you know that. I want to know how to, uhh, l-love.” She blushed. “But I don’t know how to learn…”

Sans half-smiled. She liked to see her opening up about her feelings, she usually kept everything to herself. “Look Chara, listen to me. As I said there’s really no specific way to demonstrate affection. It all comes naturally, by impulse. I can’t show you if you don’t feel anything towards me, but trust me. You’ll understand it all when you’re with that special someone, ‘kay?”

“O-okay…” She blushed a bit embarrassed, she couldn’t help to feel that way every time she talked to someone about feelings. She did feel a bit calmer with Sans though, which kind of surprised her but she was also glad about it.

“And… About the acting tomorrow.” He laughed. “Don’t stress, we all know you, if you actually did say anything affectionate to me they’d all know it’s all a fake, so just be like you are right now, blushing and getting really nervous. It’s so cute, Asriel will just want to hug you, and kiss you, and whisper any corny thing in your ear…”

Chara looked sideways, still blushing. “…I thought Frisk was the cute one.” She said in a gentle voice, which was also unusual from her.

“Frisk is always fucking adorable.” He smiled, daydreaming about her. “But, yeah… I must admit, when you’re being shy and quiet, I don’t think even a puppy could surpass your cuteness.” He laughed.

Chara blushed harder after this. “Okay, that’s enough!”

“Fine. Anything else you wish to ask?”

“Mmmm… Actually yeah.”

“Go ahead.”
“Uh, will you be like, you know, making a move on me at any moment?” She tried to look the least embarrassed as possible. “Obviously not that I want you to! But I can take it if it helps, I guess…”

“Uh… yeah, about that…” Damn it, awkward. “I guess it’d be the most accurate if Frisk and Asriel are being corny. But, uhh, I’ll try to avoid it as much as possible. Just…” He started to take is sweatshirt off. “Here. I want you to wear it all day tomorrow.” He handed it over to Chara. “Actually, keep it for a while.”

“Are you sure? You love this sweatshirt.”

“Yeah… I don’t really like giving it to one of my biggest enemies, but, you know, I love Frisk more.” He winked with his tongue out in a jokey way. “Anyway, is that it or do you have something more to ask?”

“Oh! What should I wear?!”

“A bikini would look fine.” He said sarcastically.

“Yeah… On second thought, I’ll ask Frisk.”