✩ 01 ✩

01 - Unofficial fourth wife.

[💎]

[💎]

"Uzui-san, I'm sorry if I sound harsh but... why are you here?" Tanjiro asked, looking at the white-haired ex-pillar.

An irk mark appeared on his forehead. His eye was shut and his teeth were gritting. His arms were crossed, hand clenching his yukata's long sleeves.

Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke were helping out at the Butterfly Estate. Shinobu needed help with moving some boxes to make place for more patients and such. They wholeheartedly accepted, the blond mainly wanted to see Shinobu and the other cute girls the estate had, and Inosuke was dragged by Tanjiro, who insisted that they needed to show some gratitude and respect towards their superior.

When they stepped in and saw none other than Uzui Tengen looking very annoyed, the surprise that painted their faces was evident.

"My wives kicked me out of my house"

Oh...

Tanjiro scratched the back of his head, nervously smiling at him. "I'm sorry for asking, I stepped out of line..."

"Pfft- BAHHAHAHA"

The burgundy boy went pale at his friends' insanely loud laughs. Sweat beads began furiously sliding down his forehead, seeing how Tengen's expression darkened.

"Hahahah! How did... how did that happen?" Zenitsu asked, catching his breath as he controlled his laugh.

Tengen's mouth opened slowly, but before he could pronounce a word, Shinobu, with her eyes closed and a gentle smile, snuck up behind them.

"It's because you made [Y/N]-chan cry, isn't it?"

The boys jumped on their stance, then turned around to face the pretty lady.

"[Y/N]?"

Shinobu nodded, opening an eye to check Uzui's reaction. "Uzui-san's unofficial fourth wife"

Tanjiro's eyes shone, he excitedly looked at her, wanting to know more about said person. Zenitsu mumbled, visibly upset.

"Insatiable greedy bastard! You have a 4th wife?!" the blond yelled, frowning and crying at the same time "Didn't you have enough with 3? What's next, uh? Tanjiro as your fifth?"

Tanjiro tried to calm his friend down, patting his back and encouraging him to stop whining.

"Honestly, I'd like to meet her. I'm sure she's a wonderful person!"

Suddenly, Uzui stood up. His dark, terrifying aura got bigger to the point in which they all felt the weight of it, the three boys could only be nervous and the insect pillar appeared to be inmune, still smiling.

"Meet her, you say? [Y/N] is too flamboyant for your filthy eyes, you guys might go blind seeing such perfect goddess."

He looked down at them his fuchsia eye, his air of superiority making them feel insignificant -except, of course, for Inosuke, who wasn't paying much attention-.

Shinobu barged in, breaking the tension with her sharp words and toxic smile.

"Ara! And here I thought you just don't want to show her because she's younger and not a kunoichi? You're super protective over her!"

The unbreatheable air of Uzui's mood completely vanished as Shinobu spoke. The younger slayers could finally breathe normally, gasping for the oxygen they were missing.

Meanwhile, the man softened. A slight, almost invisible blush forming on his cheeks. After a second, he frowned again, his anger lashing with his scolding towards her.

After yelling for a few minutes, he noticed that the young girl was as serene as ever and stopped.

He closed his eye, sighing.

"Alright, I'll take you to her."

The trio went back up, eyes shining. They were genuinely curious to know who that 4th wife was and why she was hidden in the first place.

Uzui began walking towards the door of the estate, the others following him happily. He took a peek at them before returning to his thoughts.