☆ 06 ☆

06 - Welcome home!

[💎]

[PAST; a year before the present time]

[Y/N] was ecstatic. She had the feeling that Tengen would come back from his mission right in that moment, and she wanted to give him the warmest welcome ever. She was waiting in front of the door, sitting on a chair that she had put there because her legs got tired after 30 minutes of standing there.

Hinatsuru was making dinner, while Suma and Makio were playing cards in the living room. Makio was clearly winning and Suma wanted to cry because of it, even going to the extent of accusing Makio of cheating, almost picking a fight if it weren't for Hinatsuru, who as the peacemaker that she is, told them to not argue if they wanted to eat dinner tonight.

This time around, [Y/N] really wanted to be the first one to welcome him home. In the four years that they had been together, the total count was the following:

Hinatsuru - 47 times.
Makio - 31 times.
Suma - 28 times.
[Y/N] - 1 time.

Not counting the times in which all the wives greeted him together.

But she was going to change that! She made sure to ask Hinatsuru to make a plentiful selection of food so she would be stuck in the kitchen for hours. She also suggested Makio and Suma to play something in the meantime, and even played with them for a while before leaving.

Unbeknownst to [Y/N], the three co-wives knew of her wish to greet Tengen first, so they gladly agreed with her "schemes".

Her legs moved up and down in the air while her head danced to the tune that was playing inside her head. She heard footsteps, and the door swug open revealing a tall white-haired male, whose eyes sank out of tiredness.

[Y/N] jumped from her seat, her eyes shined like a little kid and flowers floated around her. Tengen was finally home with them once again.

"Welcome home, Tengen-sama!"

But, unlike the other wives' warm welcomes, she couldn't hug him. She was unsure of initiating anything herself. She really, really wanted to give him the biggest teddy bear hug in the world, and her expression read that even though she tried to smile widely. Tengen just stood there, looking down at her with a somewhat surprised look because he didn't expect his youngest wife to greet him this time around.

Hinatsuru walked in, drying her hands with her apron, and noticed what was going on. She giggled to herself before hurrying to help her co-wife.

She expended her arms and pulled the both of them in a tight hug. [Y/N]'s face turned completely red, her face was basically sandwiched between Hinatsuru's and Tengen's chest. Meanwhile, said male's eyes widened when he realized that [Y/N], too, was actually hugging him.

Makio and Suma heard the ruckus and peeked from the living room. "That's not fair!" they yelled before they joined the hug as well.

Smiling at the warmth that their family hug provided, they all said in unison  "Welcome back, Tengen-sama!"

Tengen's expression softened, his lips formed a gentle smile as he put all his remaining energy into cuddling them back.

"I'm home"