☆ 03 ☆

03 - Seamstress demon

[💎]

Saturday morning, Tanjiro had decided to go visit [Y/N]'s store. He found her looking at something through the window, which he obviously found weird considering that he didn't see or smell anything suspicious before entering. The woman's [e/c] eyes were narrowed, and they displayed a mix of profound hatred and fear.

"[Y/N]-san, is something wrong?"

[Y/N] knew who the boy was, so she did not bother to look at him and continued peeking at something across the street.

"Tan-kun,"

A question mark popped up on top of the seemingly confused demon slayer. They had just met and she already gave him a nickname, but he didn't mind at all.

"Yes?"

"There's a creature that keeps staring at me with her red eyes. She wears a gentle smile, but I can feel the toxicity behind it. She has been feeding on humans every day. They all come to her store, baited by the low-quality clothing she sells. Tan-kun, I'm terrified. I'm scared of the seamstress demon across the street."

Tanjiro's eyes widened. The air became tense, heavy, unbreatheable. His hand unconsciously took the handle of his nichirin sword, a cold sweat bead slid down his forehead.

He was ready to kill any demon at any moment. But he did find it odd that [Y/N] was talking about a demon across the street, probably hiding inside the shade of a store from the sun, when she was married to an ex pillar.

She gulped, pointing at someone outside. Tanjiro leaned to see, looking at what was supposed to be a man-eating creature. It was a woman about [Y/N]'s age, smiling and greeting people into her shop.

Tanjiro, hella confused, sweat-dropped.

"[Y/N]-san, are you sure she's a demon? She's standing too close to the sun."

[Y/N] quickly turned her head towards him, her mouth wide open as she let out a dramatic gasp.

"Of course she's a demon! Have you seen those claws?"

"I'm pretty sure they're just her nails"

[Y/N] shook her head, "Tsk tsk, she has no class"

"Who is she anyway?"

"The seamstress demon, Amy. I've had this shop for three years, but this demon bitch installed hers a year ago and her blood demon art drawns people in so she's taking all my clients!"

Tanjiro chuckled, staring at the woman making a big deal of it.

She took the boy's shoulders and made him look directly at her, her brows furrowed.

"You need to check if she's an upper moon or something, because it'd be super convenient if Amy just disappeared, riiiiiight?"

She tried to wink at him, but failed miserably as she was unable to make it look natural.

Tanjiro's worry only grew whilst the hysterical woman sulked.

"[Y/N]-san, are you okay?? Should I call your husband?"

She turned around and crossed her arms, walking deeper into her shop.

"No! Tengen-sama banned me from getting any closer to that demon when I stole his blades and went for a stroll."

Tanjiro, trying his best to smile kindly at her even though he was facing her back, slowly hid his nichirin sword inside his haori.

Just in case she decided to steal his sword and go for another "stroll".

Just in case.