☆ 10 ☆

10 - Sweet, extravagant vengeance.

[💎]

[💎]

"I've got an idea"

The marriage members all sat cross-leged in a circle on the tatami floor of the sound estate. Tengen, also with his arms crossed, tilted his head from one side to another, his white hair swaying with him as he closed his eye in thought. The three older wives, in return, knew that whatever he wanted to say wasn't a good idea at all.

"Let's plant rats inside her store"

Hinatsuru and Suma both shook their heads in disappointment. Makio snorted, playing the scene inside her head. Meanwhile, [Y/N] took the suggestion very seriously, tapping her index finger on her chin.

"That's a very flamboyant plan. I like it."

"For God's sake, NO!"

[Y/N] and Tengen sulked. They liked the idea of people running out of her store at the sight of rats everywhere; complete and utter chaos that would lead to Divinité being the only clothing shop in town. With the corner of one of her eyes, [Y/N] peered at her husband, who was doing the same. With a single look, they knew that should any other plan for vengeance fail, he'd make sure to get the rats and she'd set them up. An evil grin was drawn on their faces for a fraction of a second, returning to their fake sad expressions when the other women stared at them.

"Why don't we try to win her over?" Hinatsuru suggested, clapping her hands together and smiling with her eyes closed.

Tengen raised an eyebrow, skeptical of the idea. He had shifted his position to a little more relaxed one, resting his elbow on his knee and his chin on the palm of his hand.

"We can bake her cupcakes, knit her a sweater, all the niceties! And in the end, she'd do anything to repay the favor" she continued, her voice sounding as gentle as ever, but both [Y/N] and Tengen just yawned out of boredom.

"That takes too long"

"Ya. And nobody's baking anything for my rival if it's not poisoned"

Suma had an idea in mind too, and when Hinatsuru's was turned down, she had organized her ideas well enough for her to voice them.

"I'd be nice if we make her think that the shop is haunted. She'll get scared and leave!"

[Y/N] hummed in agreement, while the sole male in the room nodded affirmatively. It wasn't until Makio's sonorous laugh broke the silence that they all looked to see what the third wife was thinking.

Suma, annoyed at the woman's reaction, began to yell and let her waterfalls wet the floor. "What? Do YOU have a better idea?"

Makio tried to progressively catch her breath, supporting herself on the youngest wife's shoulder as her other hand held her belly.

"What if they get a priest, dumbass?"

"A priest??" [Y/N] asked, her mouth wide open in shock. She didn't realize that possibility.

Suma didn't understand, so Makio had to clarify after rolling her eyes at her.

"An exorcism!"

"Oh! that's what we should do!" the youngest wife exclaimed, and they all went back to stare at her "We should get Amy exorcised"

Hinatsuru facepalmed, shaking her head like a disappointed mother.

"For the last time, Amy is not a demon!" she stated, not being able to even lift her head because of her utter disappointment.

And [Y/N] simply scowled.

"As I was saying," Makio continued "We should just threaten her"

Now that was something that sounded very flamboyant to Tengen's blessed ears. The sweet melody of revenge was the nicest thing he'd heard besides his wives' characteristic sounds and heartbeats. He gestured Makio to silently tell her to proceed.

It was at this moment that Hinatsuru and Suma knew that she was going to say something really stupid.

"See, if we get our hands on some spiders and duck tape—"

"NO!"

The other two wives yells forced Makio to frown and just cross her arms in annoyance. Fine by her, she would just keep quiet if they didn't want to hear of her brilliant plan.

All those ideas were making [Y/N]'s head want to explode, but she needed to make sure to come up with something against that vile woman before the next day of work.

Explode...

A thought strucked her mind like lightning, her eyes growing wide.

"What if we set up a bomb inside?" she asked, eyes shining.

Tengen instantly angled his head to fully look at her, his one functional eye had the same sparkle as hers and a giant smile appeared on his face.

"YES! Their insides will explode very flamboyantly!"

The three wives stared at them with serious concern, and they three couldn't help but facepalm at the same time just hearing them speak about it.

"NO!"

The excited couple shut up almost inmediately, just as their shoulders sank.

Hinatsuru sighed, "Listen, the best vengeance is being more successful than her to the point in which she's the one who wants to plant a bomb in here."

And they all agreed on that.

Hinatsuru smiled, seeing as she had finally made the two extremists of the group think clearly, and got Makio to listen as well.

"We're not working anymore, but [Y/N] is. Why don't we take turns to help in the store every day and make sure that it flourishes?"

And thus, they all agreed to not put a bomb inside Amy's store.

Yet.