I have a birthday?

I cooked dinner with Clint while Steve, Tony, and Bruce played Uno. Nat and Thor watched them play.

"Who's winning", I asked.

"Me", Tony responded quickly. Tulip bleats. "Shh, they can't know that", Tony whispers to Tulip, but I can still hear. I let out a small laugh.

Tulip sat on Tony's lap, watching them play. She was warming up to Tony. At first, she hated Tony because he threatened to make her our dinner. Now, I think she's falling in love with him which is weird because she is a sheep.

Anyways, Clint and I served dinner. Then, I took my usual seat between Clint and Steve. It was never quiet at the dinner table. We talked to each other none stop.

"August, do you know went you're birthday is?" My uncle asked me. My expression was a mix of shock and confused.

"I don't think I have a birthday, uncle", I said. All six Avengers looked at me.

"Everyone has a birthday, Auggie", Natasha says. I was even more shocked.

"Everyone?" I asked.

"Everyone", all six Avengers shouted at once.

I never thought I had a birthday. I almost don't know what a birthday is. Wait. Even Tulip has a birthday?

"When's everyone else's birthday", I asked.

"May 29", Tony replies.

"June 18th", Clint says.

"July 4th", Says Steve.

"December 18th", Bruce says.

I look at Nat. "When's your birthday, Nat", I asked her.

"All I know is that I was born in 1984. So I don't really know when my birthday", she said.

"When were you born, Uncle", I asked Thor.

"The 9th century", he responded. My eyes widened and I immediately went back to eating, earning a chuckle from Clint, Bruce and Tony and a laugh from my uncle and Nat.

"So when is my birthday. Do you know?", I asked.

"Yes, of course", he said with a smile and a fake laugh.

"When is it?" I asked to test him.

"I-I can't tell you b-because I want it to be...a surprise", he stammers. Yeah, he does not know when my birthday is, but I didn't say anything because I didn't think this birthday thing matters. Plus, I didn't want to be rude because he didn't know my birthday.

After dinner, Tulip and I got ready for bed. I had on my pajamas and I got out Tulip's blanket which was a baby blanket because Tulip is a baby. Or in Tulip's language, A lamb.

After I got my pajamas on, someone knocked on my door. I invited the person in and the door was opened by Thor.

Tulip rushed over to him and jumps cheerfully. Thor picks her up.

"It's nice to see you too, Tulip", He says after Tulip lets out a bleat. He sets her back down on the ground. Tulip runs back to me and climbs onto the bed.

"Going to bed so soon?" He asked me.

"Causing mischief tired me out today", I said. I began to have this sad feeling inside of me.

Today, hearing the words Loki 2.0, Loki support group and Mischief made me think of my dad. I haven't visited because S.H.I.E.L.D wanted me to stay away from him for a while.To be honest, I miss him.

As I laid in bed, I called after my uncle as he turned to walk out of the room. He turned back to me. "When can I see my father again", I asked.

"Soon, August", He said.

"Do you have hope that he'll be a good guy again", I asked.

I know they had a rough past together, but why did he have to think about it. They were raised together, they played together, and they fought together.

"If you have hope, then so do I", He said.

Wow.

"I do have hope in him, Uncle Thor", I said.

"Then, I have hope as well", he said. He was about to leave again, but I called him over again and I waved him over to me. Thor sits next to me on the bed. I sat up and leaned into his ear. "It's okay to admit that you don't know when my birthday is", I whispered.

I tried not to laugh at Thor's embarrassment face.

"Okay, fine. I don't know when your birthday is", he admits.

Told ya.

Thor stood up and walked towards the doorway. He stopped and looked back at me. "Good night, August", he said.

"Good night", I said.

"Good night, Tulip", he said. Tulip bleats, causing me to laugh.