The Emerald is a Year Wiser

August's point of view

I woke up the next morning  with Tulip bleating in my ear which, of course, is normal. What wasn't normal is that I looked over at my nightstand and saw a locket sitting there. There was a note next to it that said:

"Happy birthday, Darling. I hope you like your birthday present".

          -Love Dad

I put the necklace on and look at Tulip. "How do I look", I asked nervously. Tulip bleats. We both went to the seating room where the Avengers, Quintin and Peter were huddled together and talking.

"What are we talking about", I shouted, making everyone jump. After a moment of shock, Quintin smiles at me.

"You came down stairs just in time", he says. Peter and Quintin ran to my side. The three of us went into the elevator.

"What's going on", I asked. Peter puts one arm around me. Quintin kept quiet

"Quintin and I decided that the three of us should hang out. Plus, it'll give us the opportunity to know you more", Peter explains. I was a good idea so I went with it.

The three of us and Tulip went to Shwarma. We ate some cheeseburgers and drank milkshakes.

"To the Mischief Crew", I toast.

"To the Mischief Crew", The boys said at once. The three of us clinked our cups together. Tulip bleats.

"So, what do you boys want to do on our hang out", I asked. Quintin checks his watch. Wait...when did he get a watch? I swear, he didn't have that yesterday.

"We have an hour to hang out because Nat and your Uncle is very strict", Quintin says as he checks his watch. He got all that from a watch?

"Do you guys want to see a movie", Peter asks.

"Any suggestions", I asked.

"They're playing 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' in the park. Let's go watch it", Peter suggested. The three of us and  Tulip left the diner and came to the movies.

3rd person's point of view

The Avengers were struggling to build this surprise party.

"I thought you said that you knew how to throw a party, Clint", Tony sassed.

"I said 'how hard could it be", Clint says.

"No, you didn't", Everyone shouts at Clint.

August's point of view

The door opens. Han Solo and Chewbacca come on screen. "Chewie...we're home", says Han.

I lean over to Quintin. "Where's Leia", I asked. Quintin looks at me.

"I don't know", he says. We both look back up on the screen.

"Where's the pilot", Han asks.

"I'm the pilot", Rey says, over her mask. Chewie makes his wookie noise.

"You?" Han asks.

"No, it's true. We're the only ones on board", Rey says.

"You can understand that thing?" Finn asks Han, over his mask.

"And that thing can understand you too so watch it", Han sassed. "Come on out".

Rey and Finn take their masks off and climb out of the opening in the floor with BB-8.

3rd person's point of view

"You boys are lunatics!", Natasha shouts. The Avengers tower is trashed with torn up party decorations all over the place.

"Why did I agree to this", Natasha asks herself.

"Because you love us", Tony says. Natasha tries not to gag.

"Because you love August", Clint blurted out. Natasha points to Clint and nods.

"That's it. To accomplish this, think about your love for August", Steve says. Everyone nods in agreement and gets back to work.

August's point of view

Han Solo gives a blaster to Rey.

"I think I can take care of myself", says Rey.

"I know you can. That's why I'm giving it to you", Han says. Rey takes the blaster from Han and aims it somewhere in the distance.

"Do you know how to use one of those", Han asks Rey.

"Yeah", she says. "You pull the trigger".

"There's more to it than that", he says as he lowers Rey's blaster. "You have a lot to learn".

After the movie...

Me, Peter, Tulip and Quintin went back to the Tower. When we got out of the elevator, the seating room was dark. I didn't like where this was going.

Quintin leaned closer to me. "Do you tend to punch people if you got jump scared", he whispered. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Yes!" I shouted. Quintin grabs my hand like he's about to arrest me.

In a flash, the lights turn on and everyone shouted, "Surprise", making me kick Peter, who was in front of me. "Right in the biscuits", Peter shrieks.

Quintin lets go of my hands. "What's this", I asked with a smile as I looked around.

"It's your birthday, Auggie", says Nat. It was my birthday? Now? Today?

"It's my birthday? I'm 16 now?" I asked. Natasha nodded. I was still in shock that all these decorations were for my birthday.

I wrapped my arms around Natasha's waist. Quintin walked over hugged me.

"What are you doing, Quintin", Natasha asks.

"Shh, don't ruin the moment", Quintin whispered. I laughed.