- Fish -

Before we could think of a plan, the other titanic mutant returned and told us he wanted to bury Sage Momar’s body. The others couldn’t object—except Mira who did and was shunned by him with a simple glare—and we followed him to a river. The river had an audience of palm trees and vast types of flowers.

All of us watched as he prepared Sage Momar’s body by wrapping it in palm fronds. He decided to bury Sage Momar’s body closer to the river where the earth was soft and easier to dig. He used his bare hands to dig the earth. By the time the grave was hollow enough, the sun was setting.

As he lowered Sage Momar’s body into the grave, I looked up to the evening sky. It was a beautiful pallette of yellow, orange and purple. The warmth of dusk graced my face and it drew a sad smile from me; Sage Momar and so many others had met their dusk and I was only getting introduced to my morning. The lower Sage Momar’s body went, the older dusk grew. Dusk brought with it a slow breeze that created a cool melody by rattling the various palm fronds.

There was a boulder on the other side of the river and the light of the setting sun cloaked it. My sad smile remained on my face as I imagined Sage Momar’s spirit standing on it, his hands clasped behind his back in his final moment in this world. I imagined him smiling at the dusk before his spirit finally faded and was welcomed into the afterlife.

When the mutant was done, we gathered around his grave that was signified by a mild lump in the earth. I searched for a flower and placed it on his grave. The male titanic mutant who had buried him urged us to pray for his safe journey to the afterlife. Mira nearly objected but shut up and did as told. The twins and the other male titanic mutant complied and we all bowed our bead and said a final prayer for him.

By the time we were done with Sage Momar’s burial the male titanic mutant who did the burial—who I had come to know was named Birch—questioned us about what we had been discussing about before he walked in on us.

Wyrm sighed before he mumbled, “we’re going to find our maker. We want her to heal us.”

A moment passed before Birch exhaled. “I see.” He gazed at the other male titanic mutant from the corner of his eyes. “Seb... have you agreed to this?”

“I haven’t said anything pertaining to the idea,” Seb said in a soft voice.

“We need a plan,” Wyrm whispered, watching the surface of the river reflect the rays of the setting sun.

Mira scoffed loudly. “Plan? We don’t need any plan! All we need is the power and the will to fight.”

Seb shook his head. “Don’t be irrational Mira. Without a solid plan, we’ll be walking blindly into foreign waters. And don’t underestimate humans because they’re capable of anything.”

His words made me stop to think. The gears in my head began to turn and an idea popped up in my head. “Water,” I whispered breathly and Toph snorted.

“Water? What do you need water for?” he said with a slight chuckle.

I looked up at him and moved my gaze from one face of a titanic mutant to another. “Water. We can swim to Bio Corps.”

“Bio Corps?” Birch looked at his comrades and raised his brow. “What’s Bio Corps?”

“Bio Corps is where the Firsts were created and where our maker is being held. If we can find her, we find a cure for ourselves,” Mira answered in an energetic tone, her fist raised for effect.

“Do you even know where this Bio Corps is?” Seb asked and his gaze landed on my form.

“No. That’s why we need a way to find the location of the facility.” I held my chin and started to think of a possible way to find it.