✩chapter one✩

Amity Blight. There was no doubt that whe was the smartest person at Hexside Academy. She excelled at everything she tried. It wasn't hard for her to get good grades. Amity was beloved by all her teachers. Her life was perfect. Or so she thought.

Friends. Amity had none of those. She thought friends would only distract her from her studies. They would only hold her back from achieving greatness. She had friends. Keyword: Had. 

Willow. Amity's former best friend. They did everything together, but when the two of them entered the most prestigious school in the country, Amity had the feeling that Willow was holding her back. Amity began to ignore Willow. Call her names, and Willow never bothered her ever again. 

This habit got out of hand. Amity was mean to every kid who got in the way of her studies. 

And she was going to keep it that way. 

☆☆☆

Luz Noceda. Unlike Amity, Luz got terrible grades. She was constantly getting sent to the principal's office. She had rarely ever received a good grade. Not because she wasn't smart. Luz was incredibly intelligent. She just had a different way of expressing her intelligence. Very.. very.. different. 

☆☆☆ 

One day, a day like any other, Luz was sent to the principal's office. 

"Luz. You have been here almost every single day!" The principal exclaimed. 

Luz shrugged. "How was I supposed to know that the snakes were venomous?" 

The principal facepalmed. "Luz. The assignment was to make a slide show about a certain kind of snake and then present your slideshow." 

"Anddd what better way to do that then to bring an actual snake!!" Luz exclaimed. She really couldn't get why the principal was telling her she got an 'F' on her snake presentation. Luz did exactly what she was told to do!

"Luz. I have given you too many chances. I'm going to call your mother." The principal said angrily. 

Luz twiddled her thumbs. "Uhh.. haven't you already done that before?" 

"I'm telling her to pick you up. Because you've been expelled."