Chapter Thirteen

Later that day, I went to the Great Hall to have breakfast. My eyes were still red and swollen. Draco wasn't there, but Astoria was. Everybody turned to see me as I headed to the Slytherin table. I could feel their accusatory looks on me. It was pretty obvious that Astoria had told everybody her version of the story, where I ended up being the filthy little bitch who flirted and cajoled her boyfriend.

She was staring at me with so much anger that it started snowing on the spot where she was. I couldn't take it anymore. Tears started filling my eyes and I got out of there before I couldn't hold them back anymore.

I was walking back to my dorm to finish packing my stuff, but I stopped next to the pillar where Draco had stolen my first kiss. From the window I could see the stone walls where Draco and I had been banging the chalkboard erasers that afternoon. Those walls that had been witnesses of the magical moment when he asked me to be his girlfriend.

I'm used to express my feelings through my songs, no matter how sad I am, so I started singing:

«My shattered dreams and broken heart

Are mending on the shelf

I saw you holding hands

Standing close to someone else

Now I sit all alone

Wishing all my feeling was gone

I gave my best to you

Nothing for me to do

But have one last cry, one last cry

Before I leave it all behind

I gotta put you out of my mind this time

Stop living a lie

I guess I'm down to my last cry...»

Suddenly, I heard a loud sob. I looked around but no one was there. I broke down into tears. My heart broke again. I was not alone. I knew it was Draco. He probably was doing the same thing I was doing: remembering our special places. The Astronomy Tower could be seen from the window as well. The shooting star wish I made that night had come true, but I never imagined that everything would end up this way.

When I went back to my dorm, the snitch was still on my night table next to my wand. I took it and a legend started to engrave on it magically:

"Will you marry me?"

Then it opened up, revealing this beautiful diamond ring inside: