Final Chapter

My jaw literally dropped. "Will you marry me?". No, Tom wasn't proposing to me. The snitch had revealed its legend and had opened up to him, revealing the ring inside. He was just reading the legend.

A deep shiver coursed its way down my spine. I opened my mouth to say something, but suddenly, Tom yelled in pain and rubbed his temples, and his nose started bleeding.

—Shit! —He exclaimed—. May I use your...?

—Of course.

Tom went to the bathroom to clean himself up. That was weird. On one hand, Tom had done his first side-along apparition without throwing up. When Draco was my Apparition instructor, the first time I apparated successfully, I remember I threw up much more than a pregnant woman. On the other hand, Draco had jinxed the snitch to open only when him or me touch it, but now it had opened up to Tom. This didn't make any sense.

I headed to the bathroom and the door was open. I blushed. Tom was shirtless, washing his face.

—Are you alright? —I asked, handing him a towel.

—Thanks. I think so.

As he towelled his face dry, I noticed that he had very deep scars on his chest, and I got petrified when I saw the peculiar mark he had on his left forearm.

—What do you have on your arm, Tom?! —I asked. Even though it sounded more like a reproach than a question.

—It's a tattoo.

—That's not a tattoo, Tom! How did that mark come to your arm?!

—I DON'T KNOW! —He yelled in rage.

My body started shaking. I was so scared. Tears of fear started rolling down my cheeks. From all the déjà-vu's I had since I met Tom, this was, without a doubt, the most frightening one.

—I can't remember anything from before I woke up in the hospital! —He broke down into tears.

—Hospital?! What the hell are you talking about?!

Tom yelled in pain again and rubbed his temples. His nose started bleeding again and he washed his face... again.

I was looking at that scene terrified. I covered my mouth with my hands and shook my head while tears of helplessness started rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably.

—I think I know what's going on here, but it's impossible —I said wiping my tears away.

—That a wizard obliviates himself?

—What?

—It's me, gorgeous —he replied with tears in his beautiful ocean blue eyes and the tenderest look ever.

—D... Draco? —He nodded and smiled—. B... but how?

—The prom night, I had a plan to tell you about Astoria, but if something went terribly wrong, you would end up hating me. I'd rather obliviate myself than live without you. So I jinxed the snitch not only to open up when you or me touch it, but to bring back my memories if I was worth your love.

—Draco —I whispered with tears in my eyes.

—I really hoped I didn't have to use Plan B —he sighed—. I was drinking for a whole week after graduation and... I couldn't take it anymore. I had to go look for you, I had to. So I closed my eyes and thought: "I wanna be anywhere she is", and then I apparated in this strange city, but you weren't anywhere. I guess I didn't focus enough as I did the first time —he let out a loud sob—. I was found unconscious in a restaurant bathroom.