10- You Mean Too Much To Me

Kane

"Lauren! Wait! You don't understand!" She shakes her head, walking away. Well fuck. I suppose you want to know why she's crying.

Well remember Shelby? Yeah. So she decided to send me some pretty dirty texts, and Lauren took it the wrong way. The was Shelby was sending them made it seem like I deleted my messages, when really I didn't text her back at all. For example, she would say, "See you tomorrow at 5?;)" and then the next one from her would say, "Okay! See you there!:)" So, yeah.

I walked up the stairs, towards the guest bedroom we were staying in. I lightly knocked on the door. "Lauren.. Open the door so we can talk."

"NO! I DONT WANNA TALK TO YOU! JUST GO!" She yelled back. I knocked again, this time louder. "Please. You need to let me explain."

"Fine. Start talking." She replied with the door still shut. "Let me in." She didn't answer so I sat down on the floor with my back against the door. "I never texted her back, I know it looked like I did, but yesterday, I was with you all day, right? I never left to go meet someone, did I? Plus, I love you way too much to cheat on you because I don't need anyone else. You're so fucking perfect and it still amazes me how I managed to fall in love with someone as beautiful as you. You know how Shelby is, she's always been this way. Remember when I dated McKayla? Remember how Shelby was always there trying to ruin it? What makes you think it's any different this time?"

I heard the lock click so I stood up and slowly opened the door. She was sitting on the bed wiping away tears. I went and sat next to her. "Don't cry." She nodded and I wrapped me arms around her. "I'm sorry it seemed that way, but I could never do that to you Lauren. You mean too much to me." She wraps her arms around me and lays her head against my chest. I rub her back, attempting to calm her down a bit.

"Calm down Lauren, please." She nods and lays her head on the pillow. "I'm gonna go talk to Colby so you can calm down." I start to walk out the door when I hear a faint voice say, "P-please stay." I nod and shut the door. I lay down next to her and she curls into my side. "C-can y-you sing t-to me?" I nod and begin to sing softly.

So it's gonna be forever, or its gonna go down in flames

You can tell me when it's over, if the high was worth the pain

Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane

But I've got a blank space baby, and I'll write your name

Her breathing started to relax as I finished. I looked down at her and saw she was asleep. I kissed the top of her head before carefully getting up and walking out. I quietly shut the door and made my way to the kitchen.

I turned the corner and saw my mom cooking something. I sit down at the bar and watch her for a while. "So, you're leaving tomorrow?" She says without even looking at me. "Yup. Can't wait." She turns around and stares at me, I stand up off the stool. "I'm gonna go pack." I say as I back out of the room. I run up the stairs, two at a time. I go into the guest room.

I grab my bag and begin to shove my clothes into it, I then put my shoes in it. I grab my backpack and put my hats in there. I look over at Lauren who is still asleep. I decide to be a good person and pack hers as well.

----------------------------------

"When will you be back?" Colby asks. I shrug, secretly hoping not to come back. He nods as I grab Lauren's hand. "Well you have my number, so text me whenever. Maybe you can join us on part of the tour?" He smiles and nods. "Come on Lauren, let's go." I turn around and start to walk away with Lauren following. We board the plane, and once again, she took the window seat. She laid her head on my shoulder, still facing the window. I smile and think to myself,

Life is good.

A/N

Hey so, I may or may not have relapsed last night, after 2 months being clean. Sorry if the last part is shitty, I've just been really shook up since then.

I'll try to have another chapter up by Saturday or Sunday.