20- How To Save A Life

1 Month Later

Lauren

"Come onnnn Lauren! Just let me come with!"

"No, you know what your dad said. You need a break." He groaned and plopped down on the couch. "Pleeaassee I haven't left this house in almost four months!" I sigh, knowing that I'll give in. "Fine." He smirked and slowly stood up, struggling to gain his balance. He picked up his crutches and made his way towards the door.

"Do you need help?" He shook his head, and slid his shoes on. "It's not my fault if you get in trouble for coming with me by the way." He nods. We walk out to the car and get in. I pull out my phone and call Simon. "Hello?"

"Hey, I'm running a little late. I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Okay."

I say thanks and hang up. I pull out of Kane's driveway.

------

Kane

"Lauren!" Camila yelled as she ran up to Lauren and koala hugged her. "Kane? What are you doing here?" She asked confused. "He made me bring him.."

"Oh. Okay! Well come on!" She turned around and ran back into the room. Lauren turned and looked at me, "Someone's a little hyper today," I laughed and nodded as we walked in. "Oh hello Kane. I don't suppose you're the reason that Ms. Jauregui is late, are you?"

"Sorry Simon." He rolls his eyes and nods, turning to the guy sitting at the sound board. "Come on girls, were wasting time." They all scurried into the booth, leaving me alone on the couch to watch.

"Kane since you're here why don't you go record a song or two." I nodded and slowly stood up, making my way to the door. I walked into the hall and saw Katie standing at one end talking some boy who looked about 14. "Katie!" I half yelled once the boy had walked away.

"Kane! What are you doing here?!"

"I came with Lauren, but Simon told me I had to work if I was gonna be here and Lauren's my ride home so.." I sighed, walking towards the nearest open room. "Come on." I hobbled into the room and straight into the booth. I sat down at one of the stools and grabbed the headphones. "Let's do the collab with Rihanna first, okay?" I nodded as the music started playing.

It's not much of a life you're living
It's not just something you take
It's given

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh-oh
Now tell me now tell me now tell me now you know

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
Yeah it takes me all the way

I want you to stay

Ooo-oo-oo
The reason I hold on
Ooo-oo-oo
Is I need this hole gone