The Case of My Undying Loyalty

He puts a pistol to my temple. I know he won't shoot.
"Shoot me and I'll shoot him." His voice rings in my ears, even now it feels reassuring. The young lady stares indecisively at Holmes.
"You wouldn't." She tries to sound intimidating but it comes out sqeuaky and unsure, Sherlock hears it.
"Try me."
A million emotions flash across her face, fear wins out and she drops her weapon. Holme's plan is successful as usual, he said she wouldn't risk innocent civilian death.
Holmes hands on my back keep me on my knees but I feel the cool metal of the pistol leave my temple.
"You're a monster."
I hear Sherlock sigh.
"Someone has to be."
Lestrade slips on the cuff, she goes willingly.
"I just wanted justice."
I feel sympathy for her, a widow ,a mother, yet a serial killer trying to seek unlawful justice. I watch her being drove away.
Sherlock offers a hand to pull me from my knees.

"That case was an 8 at most but the chase was a 10." He grins with exhilaration.
"Can we go home?"
"Of course Watson! Come along, if we hurry we can get back before 11."
I have to practically jog to keep up with his quick pace. He notices and slows a little.
"Watson when we get home there is something we should discuss."
"And what would that be?"
"Your roll in this case."
"What's there to speak about? This case went smoothly."
"You'll know when we get home."
I feel prickling anger at the waiting and wondering. The longer I walk the more it shifts from anger to weariness.
The sidewalk leading up to 221B is so familiar to me I'd know it with my eyes closed. My eyes may've well been closed with how dark it was outside.
Sherlock steps in holding the door for me. He gestures to me to be quiet, I'd already assumed Mrs. Hudson would be asleep.
We crept up the stairs and into our living room. Sleep strained at my eyelids but I sat in my chair as I supposed Sherlock wanted. He sat down across from me.
"My Dear Watson you outdid yourself today." I flushed up with suprise and pleasure at his words.
"Thank you, Holmes."
"No, I thank you for your undying loyalty. I know no other person alive that would allow me to put a gun to their head."
"I trust you."
He smiles warmly at me.
"I know."