Lucky

Most people will never get to met their soulmate in their life. I guess I'm "lucky". But then again if you never met your soulmate you don't have to watch them die. You don't have to live after knowing them. So perhaps most people are "lucky".
Most people have never stared into the lifeless eyes of the person they love most, and of this I am jealous.
You hear him hit the pavement, it's a loud thump. For anyone that's had the pleasure of not seeing this I will tell you something you probably don't know, the body bounces a bit when it hits the ground with that kind of force. When they settle on the ground
greif flushes you and your chest tightens so you cannot breath. You sob but nothing can vanish the weight your body now holds.
Death of a loved one is nothing like you would ever want to imagine. Besides sobs the only thing that comes out of your mouth is their name. You see them in your dreams but when you wake and call their name they never answer. You lose the willpower to get out of bed in the morning.

The death of a soulmate causes you to second guess death itself. You wondered about what happens after death. Could it be heaven, hell, a spirit stuck on Earth? I liked the theory of the great philosopher Socrates: he believed after death your soul and knowledge carries on to a new plan. My favorite theory was that of the ancient Greeks, soulmates become one soul in the afterlife so they'll never be separated. I like to think that in death Holmes and I will never again have to part. I like to believe our spirits will merge.
I speak to my therapist sometimes. I don't like it, the appointments force me to get out of bed. She ask me about him, what I wished I'd said, and my regrets. I don't answer most of it. I don't want to talk about my regrets, I'd prefer to talk about all the memories I had with him. Although, sometimes I don't talk for days without Sherlock. It's almost ironic, my presence coaxed Sherlock to talk all the time yet now I rarely speak. I know people are worried about me but I don't care. Without Sherlock I realize I care about little else. So maybe I'm lucky to have gotten to know my soulmate but maybe you're lucky to have never meet yours.