The Adventure of the Telling Nap

"Move closer John, it's rather chilly in here." I sit with Sherlock's legs sprawled in front of me and my back to his chest, his chin rest on my forhead.
"Your favorite show's on John. It's crap but I know you like that sort of stuff." I roll my eyes at him although he can't see and lay back into his chest rising slightly with his chest as he breathes. I slowly dose off listening to the telly as a background noise.
*1 hour later*
I wake up in the same position except with a blanket over my lap and a snoring Sherlock with his arms wrapped around my sides, hugging me like a pillow. I smile; the blanket touches me. It's refreshing to see how much Sherlock cares, he must've taken care not to wake me while slipping back into his previous position. I turn slightly to look at him.
Sleeping Sherlock is so peaceful and so utterly human.

I flip through the telly, unmoving to let Sherlock sleep. I choose a show, not really paying attention, and bath in the calmness of the situation. I turn and give Sherlock a peck on the cheek. This feels oddly appropriate; like something a married couple would enjoy. That's similar to our relationship I suppose, a long time married couple. Full of loving gestures, undying adoration, loyalty, and the comfort of knowing it's the two of you till death do you part. I turn back to the tv, smiling, it's hard to not feel fully content at a time like this.
Sherlock begins to stir groaning.
"What time is it John?"
"8 p.m."
"Thank you."
"Of course. Want some tea, love?"
"Yes." He kisses my forehead and releases me from his grasp.
I make us some tea and ease down next to him, handing him his cup.
"Thank you John." He yawns lightly and takes a sip.
"What did you dream about?" I ask him, actually quite curious.
"You."
"What about me?"
"Marrying you."
"I love you." He smiles and kisses me in response.
Life couldn't get better.