01 | Sister betrayal

Finally, it was Friday. Betty thought as she walked into her room and dropped her bag on the floor beside her bedroom door.

She was glad she got to take a break from all of her studies. But she couldn't get too relieved, her mom always figured out a way to get her extra work for school.

She acts like I'm not already stressed by all the work I have right now. Does she really think I need more?

Betty walked to her vanity and looked at herself in the mirror. She took her hair out of the tight ponytail she always wears. The ponytail was so tight, it made her have a migraine everyday.

The only reason she wore it all the time was so people wouldn't get her and her identical twin sister, Sarah, mixed up. Sarah always wore her hair down, even during cheer she would put it half up half down. So everyone knew which twin was Sarah if she didn't have a tight ponytail that looked like it was about to tear her head off any second.

Betty ran her fingers threw her hair and held her head for a second, trying to minimize her headache.

After a moment of holding her head, Betty looked at herself in the mirror again. She turned to the side and looked at her body. She sighed, she was always insecure about her weight. Sarah was always a few IBS smaller than her, which made Betty insecure in the first place, following with the fact that Sarah always says something about her body, making her even more insecure.

Betty sighed and went to her bed to sit down. She was exhausted after the long week she had. Doing all the homework and studies she had for school, running the newspaper, and having to keep an eye on her sister all the time.

What do I look like? Her babysitter?

Once again, she sighed, then she suddenly realized that Sarah hadn't been home when she walked inside.

I wonder where she is.

Betty started worrying for a moment, but she was too tired to actually care about where Sarah was. She knew she was most likely with her popular friends, Veronica and Cheryl, maybe Archie. They were probably at some party drinking and smoking their lungs out.

Betty's phone suddenly started to ring, breaking Betty out of her thoughts.

She picked up the phone, tiredly swiping on it before putting it up to her ear. "Hello?"

"B, I have some news." She heard a familiar voice say on the other end of the phone.

It was Kevin Keller, her best friend. Her only friend for that matter.

"Okay, spill." Betty said as she rubbed her eyes, fighting to stay awake.

"We're going to have a new student at school." Kevin said happily.

Betty raised an eyebrow, her school rarely got any new students. "Really?"

"Yes, I don't know his name but I saw him in the hallways at school walking into the principal's office. And might I say....he was the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen." Kevin said with a dreamily sigh.

Betty rolled her eyes. If he was as good looking as Kevin said he was, he was most likely going to be a jock. "Well good luck with that, Kev." She giggled.

Kevin chuckled a little. "Thanks, and he's supposed to be starting Monday. Maybe we can introduce ourselves....?" He asked more like a question.

"Kev, if he's as cute as you say he was....he's going to be a jock―and jocks are scumbags that I do not mess with. So if you want to introduce yourself, be my guest, but I'm not talking to him." Betty stated, sass evident in her voice.