xi. falling for you

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆      SPENCER REID

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ SPENCER REID

      I KNEW IT WAS SLIGHTLY
unfair of me to let Lilac retake the midterm, but what else was I supposed to do? I didn't want her cumulative grades to be ruined because of one mistake she was capable of fixing. As long as she didn't do it again, it'd be okay to give Lilac another chance...and I did believe that she had learned her lesson. I mean, I practically interrogated the woman back there.

But I'd be an idiot to not I know that my decision had something to do with my blossoming attraction for the blonde. And I knew how unfair that was because obviously I'm succumbing to the whole pretty privilege phenomenon...but I couldn't help it. All I wanted to do was help her out.

Lilac also didn't deserve the way I handled that situation, getting all angry and yelling at her. She genuinely looked like she was going to cry back there, and that completely ripped my heart in half.

I just wanted to get closer to her. I wished that I could, without feeling all weird and overthinking the fact that she was my student, how immature she was compared to me, regardless of our small age difference.

Lilac was still the pretty popular girl after all, and I knew it'd be ridiculous of me to think I even had a chance. She was a party-girl (unlike me, obviously), I was sure Lilac has encountered enough charming frat boys that weren't weird like me. And that weren't her professor as well, obviously.

But if my assumptions about her were correct and Lilac wasn't interested in me at all, why did she keep calling me?

Before Lilac and I parted that day at school, we exchanged our phone numbers so I could contact her about the whole case situation.

But Lilac proceeded to call me that night, claiming she had a few questions (she had one, and we ended up just talking for the rest of the night). And now it was Saturday and her caller ID was flashing on my phone once again.

I gulped, clearing my throat in case it decided to do something strange before sliding my finger across the screen, answering the call.

"What's up, doc!" Her sweet voice swam through my ears, sending a wave of happiness through me.

"Lilac?" I asked, smiling sheepishly. "Hi. What-what are you doing?" I stammered, suddenly incredibly nervous and feeling my palms get sweaty. Spencer, noooo. Get it together, man.

"What do you mean?" Lilac chuckled. "I'm checking in. As your friend, I have the privilege to, I'm pretty sure."

"Really?" I asked her, flushing and pursing my lips together to bite back my full blown grin.

"Really."

"Well...that's very sweet of you." I said, running a hand through my hair. "What are you up to?"