Chapter 19

Peter and I have been dating for almost two months. So I decided it's time to tell my dad.

"Hey dad can we talk?" I ask as I walk into his lab "Sure kiddo what's up?" He asks "So I wanted to tell you that I have a boyfriend" I say smiling. He stops working on whatever he was working on and looks up at me. "And who is this said boyfriend?" He asks "Peter" I say and do jazz hands.

"I knew it! Thor owes me ten bucks" he says "you made a bet on my love life?" I ask laughing. "No" he says very unconvincingly "So you're not mad?" I ask "No Mia why would I be mad? I'm just happy that you are happy" he smiles.

"Awe thanks dad that's really sweet of you" I say hugging him "We are going out to dinner tonight why don't you invite Peter" he suggests "Oh ok where are we going?" I ask "The new Italian place it's fancy so dress nice" he says "Ok thank you dad" I say smiling.

I walk out of the lab and see Thor "Thor you owe my dad ten bucks" I smile then I walk into my room and text Peter.

*Hey Peter do you want to go out to dinner with my parents and I tonight?*

*Sure where are we going?*

*The new Italian place dress nice <3*

*Ok I'll see you tonight beautiful*

*See you tonight*

I put my phone in the charger and flip through the dresses. I finally decide on a black spaghetti strap dress with black heels simple but cute.

I straighten my hair and touch up the makeup I already have on. My phone dings

*Am I coming to your house or are you picking me up on the way?*

It was Peter

*My house,I will have Happy come and get you :)*

I walk into Happy's office. "Hey Happy can you go pick up Peter really quick please?" I ask smiling "Sure" he says he leaves then about fifteen minutes later Peter and Happy are back.

Peter walks through the door with a white button down and black dress pants. He is wearing a black tie that I'm guessing he tried to do himself because it's all messed up.

I walk up to him and give him a hug. I lead him to my room. "So who did the tie?" I ask shutting the door "I did but it didn't work out that well" he says scratching the back of his neck. I fix his tie for him "There" I say patting his chest.

He puts his hands on my waist and kisses me. I smile into the kiss.

"You look really pretty" he tells me after we break from the kiss "Thank you and you look handsome as always. White is definitely your color" I give him a kiss on the cheek. He let go of my waist and started fidgeting with his fingers.

"Don't be nervous" I say then I grab his hand "I'm not nervous" he says "You fidget when your nervous" I point out. I kiss his hand "You'll be fine" I smile.

"Are you guys ready?" Pepper says through the door. "Yeah" I say I grab my phone and purse we meet them in the car.

We arrive at the restaurant "Reservation for Stark" my dad says to the hostess "Right this way sir" the hostess smiles.

She leads us to a table in the back of the restaurant. Peter pulls out my chair for me "Thank you" I smile. She hands us out menus "Have a nice meal" she smiles and walks back to the front.

"So Peter how long have you two been together?" Pepper asks "Almost two months" he says then he grabs my hand from under the table.

"That's so cute,I'm glad Mia finally found someone decent" Pepper smiles I smile back. Peter shifts uncomfortably in his seat. I can see my dad staring at him in my peripheral vision.

I squeeze Peter's hand. All of us continue talking and soon our food arrives. We eat and continue talking.

I can see Peter get more nervous as the night goes on. I look at him 'you ok' I mouth he nods. I lay my head on his shoulder and he calms down a bit. Finally the dinner is over and we all gather in the car.

We drive to Peter's apartment to drop him off I get out to say goodbye to him. "I'm sorry about how my dad acted" I say as we stand next to the entrance of the building,

"It's fine, he just wants to protect you" he says I give him a small smile. I kiss him on the cheek and we say our goodbyes.

I get back in the car and we drive home I change into some pjs and text Peter goodnight then I fall asleep.