Finally

It took a minute for their announcement to sink in, but when it did, I didn't know how they wanted me to react. I couldn't jump up and hug them physically but I flashed them a smile that showed in face not eyes. Suddenly my head hurt and my vision blurred.
"Fuck." I murmured under my breath thinking no one heard. I felt a nudge on my shoulder and gently let out another quiet sigh. While everyone was jumping up and down and starting to make preparations for their big day, I headed toward the most likely trashed out kitchen for the pyramid of pills waiting for their queen. Just as I swallowed the last one I felt a firm hand on my hip; My natural reaction was to jult my head back and knock the intruder out. Luckily, Nick knew me way to well and whispered in my ear before we both ended up in the hospital..again.
"Nick, I assume you think I won't protect myself after all these years? Well sweet pea, you should've known better because I will." I give him an innocent smile and try to jump up on the counter causing a humongous thud from my "graceful" flop.
"ANNA!ANNA! IF YOU CAN HEAR MY SQUEEZE MY HAND!"
I fluttered my eyes just to see a blurry image of my true friends-who all had a concerned looks on their faces.
"I don't hold hands with boys because they have cooties," I chuckled. Cooper and Nick laid me on the couch while the girls tried to decide whether to call the hospital or be my personal nurses. The boys rolled in with the only instrument I didn't/wouldn't let the doctors give me. My reaction must have been worth four wonderful colorful words-fire truck my life.