Part 8

"Bakubro? Bro? Babe? Hey." Kirishima shook bakugou's shoulder and finally startled the blond out of his thoughts. "What's wrong? You've been staring at the floor for like thirty minutes."

Bakugou shrugged, but his eyes were brighter now. "Sorry. I've been trying to figure all of this out. I- just go to bed."

"Come on, you can tell me." Kirishima knew that Bakugou had trouble talking about his feelings- it didn't come as a surprise, since Kiri knew how terrible his boyfriend's parents were about that sort of thing.

For a moment, Bakugou looked like he was going to explain. But then he shook himself and stood. "I'm going on a walk. I'll be back soon, I just... need a moment."

Kiri understood, and let him go with only a twinge of worry.

Bakugou trudged down the dimly lit hallway. He had no destination in mind, and he just wanted to sleep. And yet, something stopped him. It was like an itch in the back of his brain, a nagging feeling that something wasn't quite right.

Clink.

Bakugou twitched at the unexpected noise and peeked around the corner. A cup lay on the ground, water spreading around it. What the heck?

Stepping out of the shadows, Bakugou picked it up. There was some sort of residue in the cup-

The hairs rose on the back of his neck, and Bakugou had just enough time to stand before something shot through his brain, making him fall to the floor, unconscious.