Part 9

Bakugou woke up in darkness and immediately started struggling, but it did no good. Someone had wrapped his limbs in duct tape, taking special care to cover his hands and mouth. He couldn't hear anything, and despite his best efforts, Bakugou was starting to panic.

Suddenly, light flooded into the space. His prison was a... closet?

And Kaminari was looking down at him.

"Mmmph! Mph!" Bakugou had meant to say, "Let me out, stupid nerd!" but the tape over his mouth was preventing this. Bakugou felt a flash of fear- he still couldn't hear himself. Or anything at all.

The look that Kaminari was giving him was far from his usual friendly gaze. His eyes were half-lidded, almost as though finding his classmate taped up in a closet was boring. He said something, but once again, nothing reached Bakugou's ears. Kaminari reached out and touched Bakugou's ear, and his finger came away red and sticky.

Kaminari rolled his eyes and pulled out a piece of paper. He scribbled on it momentarily, then flipped it around;

YOU CAN'T HEAR, CAN YOU? THAT HAPPENS SOMETIMES WITH MY QUIRK. IT MAY OR MAY NOT GO AWAY. I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO DO IT IF YOU HAD MINDED YOUR OWN BUSINESS

By this point, Bakugou's anger was reaching the boiling point. With limited options for movement, the blond launched himself forward, hoping that he could knock Kaminari over and get away. He fell forward-

And his forehead landed against the palm of Kaminari's hand. He was laughing, Bakugou could feel the vibrations through his skull. Kaminari curled his free hand into a fist and sunk it into Bakugou's stomach, delivering a shock that made Bakugou's muscles seize up along with the pain.

Nonchalantly, Kaminari shoved Bakugou back into the closet. Before shutting and locking the door, he wrote something else on the paper;

TRY TO ESCAPE, AND I KILL KIRISHIMA. YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE THE ONLY PERSON WHO ACTUALLY LIKES YOU, RIGHT?

The door closed, and Bakugou was left to hurt alone in the darkness.