Part 10

The next morning was chaos. Midnight was dashing back and forth, calling different search parties and giving directions through the building to police. All Might was there, trying to keep the students under control and preventing them from wandering off to look for Bakugou themselves; a sobbing Kirishima had already tried, and was now being comforted by Kaminari. "He's probably asleep in the library or something. They'll find him!"

Aizawa had finally been released from the hospital, and had insisted on coming back to the school when he heard about Bakugou. The eraser hero was pale, and leaned slightly against Mic for support, but he otherwise looked pretty good for someone who had been poisoned.

Midoriya paced back and forth in front of the window, muttering to himself. He had talked to All Might already, but the pro hero was at a loss. He had even done a location search on the security chip in Bakugou's student ID card, but it had been located on the floor in the student dorm hallway with Bakugou nowhere in sight.

"Are you sure that this kid didn't just run away? It happens a lot for highschoolers who can't handle the pressure." The policeman asked Midnight.

Midnight sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "I already told you three times, that's impossible! Our security barrier records where and at what time a student's card is used when crossing it. If he had tried to leave without his card, then the barrier would have come up and sounded an alarm."

The policeman frowned. "Ms. Midnight, does your barrier scan items as well?"

Midnight raised an eyebrow. "What are you suggesting?"

The policeman hesitated. "I don't mean to find the worst case scenario here. But if we haven't been able to find him here, and it's impossible that he walked off of campus- well, I have to think that he could have been taken off campus while... deceased."

Midnight buried her head in her hands. "That poor boy has been through so much already, and now this." She fought back tears and stood. "With all due respect officer, I hope that you are wrong. Bakugou is a strong student, and a willful fighter. It's gotten him into trouble before- maybe this time it can get him out of it."