46.

Gerard's POV

I keep trying to make my way out the door, but I keep being stopped.

"You can't leave Gee you don't even know where he is-"

"YES I DO!" I practically scream, pushing off everyone's hands that were currently trying to hold me back.

"You do?!" Jamia asks quickly.

"Yes, I do. I know who took him, and I know where he is. And I'm going to go and save him."

"Gee, just call the cops and tell them where Frank is. They'll save him-"

"No. You don't understand, if Bert even thinks that the cops are around he won't hesitate to put a bullet through Frank's head. I know him. We can't risk that."

Everyone is silent for a moment, until Pete speaks up.

"Well you're not going alone."

"Yeah, we'll go with you. We'll make up a plan." Ray reasons.

"I don't want you guys getting hurt."

"Gee, Frank is our friend too. Why are you taking this so personally?" Brendon asks.

Mikey, Pete, and I look at each other, not sure exactly what to say.

"We're just really close." I decide to say.

"Well, let's make a plan, and then all go together. Come on, there's seven of us, we can come up with something." Jamia says desperately.

"Okay, but if we're gonna make a plan we need to know our surroundings. Gee, where exactly is Frank?"

I pause, and then I turn to Mikey nervously. When I was with Bert, Mikey was always worried about me. He knew Bert was bad news, and he did his best to protect me.

I promised him that I would never let Bert peer pressure me into doing drugs. But, I broke that promise.

I never told Mikey that, though. I never wanted to disappoint him.

Bert knew how much I hated doing drugs, but he forced me into it anyway.

Whenever we would do it, we would go to this abandoned building by the river. Bert said that nobody would ever find us there, because he was one of the only ones who knew about it.

I hated going there. It always made me feel so gross and uncomfortable, but I knew that's where he would be.

"He's at this old abandoned building down by the river. I used to go there with Bert all the time."

"Who's Bert?" Brendon asks, clearly confused.

"Bert's my abusive ex boyfriend. He's the one who took Frank, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bob was with them too." I explain quickly.

"Okay, so we surround the place?" Ray says. "Everyone waits on the outside and Gee's walks in as a distraction. He makes sure that Bert isn't close to Frank, and if he's not, we rush."

"That has to work. I mean, if it's just Bert and Bob, we've got them outnumbered." Pete says. "We should be able to take them."

"Gee, I know you don't want to get the police involved, I have a plan." Mikey says.

"If we call the cops, Bert is going to kill Frank." I say aggressively. "Are you trying to kill him?"

"Just hear me out!" Mikey pleads. "We call the cops and we tell them to turn their sirens off and follow us to the building. We carry out Ray's plan, and only call in the cops if we are 100% sure that we need them. It's better to have them for backup than not have them at all and then have all of us die."

"They're not going to listen to your plan." I say.

"Just threaten them." Jamia says casually.

"Excuse me??"

"Okay," LynZ defends, "think of it more of like, making a deal. You have information that they want, you know where Frank is. If you call them and tell them that you'll give them the information only if they hear out your plan, they just might do it."

All of us look around at each other until I sigh.

"Fine. I guess it's worth a shot."

Frank's POV

When my eyes finally open I realize that I can't move.

I immediately start to panic and look around, realizing that I'm in what looks like an abandoned building.

I'm tied to a chair, but luckily my key still hangs around my neck.

That's when I realize that there are four people across the room talking to each other, seemingly arguing with each other.

I recognize Bert, Joseph, and Bob. The fourth guy I don't recognize, though, and I don't think any of them have realized that I'm awake yet.

"Why the fuck would you do that?! He could call the cops!" The one who I don't recognize speaks.

Bert only laughs, but not a laugh that makes me feel comforted. This laugh sends shivers down my spine.

"He knows better than that. He knows that if I see a police car his boyfriend is dead." Bert says, causing me to tense.

Wait, they're talking about Gerard. Gerard knows where I am! Maybe he's coming to save me.

"He better." Joseph mumbles. "I'm not trying to go back to fucking jail, bro."

"Don't worry." Bert says as he turns around to face me.

"Ah you're awake, perfect." He says, walking over to me.

"W-what do you want?" I ask weakly, just now aware of the fact that my entire body hurts like hell, my arm especially.

"Oh don't worry your pretty little face. If Gerard cooperates, you won't have anything to worry about." He says.

"C-Cooperates?" I question.

"God, stop asking fucking questions and shut up!" Bert says harshly, taking the book bag off his back and pulling out a gun, cocking it, pointing it at me.

My eyes widen and I can feel tears slipping down my face, he only chuckles darkly.

"I'm not going to shoot you. Not unless I see pigs, or Gee refuses to come with me. So you better hope that your little boyfriend is smart."

I don't say anything, afraid that if I said the wrong thing he would hurt me.

He walks back over to where the other guys are standing, and they start talking, but I'm not listening.

I know Gerard. And I know that he would go with this man in an instant if it meant that I would be okay.

But I can't let him do that.

But if I somehow get out of here and leave, I have no idea where I am. I doubt I would be able to find my way home, so I'd probably just wander around outside until I died of starvation. But I didn't want that, either.

I didn't know what to do.