012

"Yeah, I'm ten months older now."
-
-
-

         Luke approached Klaus's room while Five stayed behind in his room to do more equations. The groans and sighs coming from Klaus's room erupted throughout the hallway. Stopping, he looked at Klaus before looking around in the hallway. Down a hall was an open door, and in that room was a bathtub. Looking down, he followed the trail of water Klaus left behind. He ended up looking at Klaus again. Slowly, he entered the room as Klaus kept groaning. For once, Luke couldn't tell why.

           He lifted up his hand and bent his pointer finger. Cautiously he tapped on Klaus's door, causing him to look at him. Luke sighed, "You okay?"

           Klaus was dumbfounded. The look on Klaus's face told Luke that something was up. He looked traumatized, and tired. He could only wonder what was wrong, but to Luke's surprise he guessed exactly everything. Staring, Klaus finally spoke, "Hey. Yeah, I just.... long night."

            "More than one from the looks of it," Luke chuckled softly, "Don't remember the dog tags."

            Now, that was not the only thing Luke noticed was different. He wasn't wearing any weird clothes like the openly gay fella he is. It was weird, and he wasn't making any sarcastic jokes or anything. Luke could notice everything, wether it involved a sense or not. Klaus acting like an actual adult was definitely noticeable, and actually it kind of worried Luke a bit.

           Klaus grunted, "Oh yeah, they belonged to a friend." Klaus clenched the dog tags in his hand, sighing in the process. Pulling them out from the shirt he just put on, he cracked his neck. Luke moved his glossy blue yes to his upper arm. Seemed a bit buff for scrawny old Klaus, and the permanent picture stood out perfectly. Luke half smiled, "How about that new tattoo?"

         Klaus glanced at his arm, "You know, I don't totally remember even getting it. Like I said, it was a long night."

         Klaus took his time as he walked to his bed. Taking a seat, Luke stood up straight from leaning on the door, "You did it, didn't you?"

         "What are you talking about?" Klaus asked.

         "You know, I can recognize the symptoms, Klaus. The jet lag, full body itch," Luke made Klaus sigh, "The headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain. You gonna tell me about it?"

         There was a small silence as Klaus wiped his face with his hands, sighing when he opened his eyes back up. He rubbed his hands together before speaking lowly, "You and Five's pals, when they broke into the house and couldn't find you, they took me hostage instead. Tortured me and tried getting answers out of me, Luke."

         Luke shoved his hands into his pocket, taking a few steps towards Klaus. Smiling he responded, "And in return you took their briefcase." Klaus nodded, "I thought there was money in it, or I could pawn it, you know, whatever. And then... I opened it."

         "And the next thing you knew you were where? Or, should I say when?"

        As spoken, Luke was walking back and forth in Klaus's room, listening to him speak. When saying where he looked at him with excitement. Luke wanted that briefcase to go back and start over. That briefcase was so valuable, and nobody knew it was. Well, besides Five. Both Five and Luke were so very desperate to get their hands on that stupid black briefcase. They wanted to save the world, and stop the end of it.